12 Signs You Are Italian

12 Signs You Are Italian

Capisce?

3718
12 Signs You Are Italian
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjq85bMjpfaAhWwSt8KHaoDBR4QjRx6BAgAEAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonedayinitaly.com%2Fil-tricolore-the-colors-of-the-italian-flag%2F&psig=AOvVaw06PbOiLxfaBGbzJqnFaABd&ust=1522604679882484

If you’re Italian, you are probably very easy to spot in a crowd. Food is a way of life, whispering is something you were never taught, and family dinners are the best thing known to man. Growing up in an Italian family, I have noticed a few things…

1. YOU TALK WITH YOUR HANDS

There is no such thing as talking without the use of your hands—even on the phone.

2. NO ONE COOKS BETTER THAN NONNA

“We’re going to Nonna’s house at 3pm for dinner.” Nothing makes you happier.

3. I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST ITALIAN

Whispering was never taught to you, and “inside voices” are never used and you know how to talk over someone just to keep a conversation afloat. No, we aren’t yelling or mad, we’re just Italian.

4. PASTA, PASTA, PASTA

You have it for dinner at least three times a week and somehow, you never get sick of it.

5. SUNDAY DINNERS > ANY OTHER DINNER

Sitting at a long table filled with your grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, parents and siblings has to be the most eventful dinner of the week. You sit back, relax, eat and there's never a dinner that goes by where someone isn't throwing insults at someone just for fun.

6. YOUR FAMILY IS HUGE AND YOU DON'T KNOW HALF OF THEM

“This is cousin Antonio from your grandmother’s side from Palermo, and this is cousin Rita on your grandfather’s side from Naples.” Some live in Italy, some live relatively close, but you still can’t manage to remember anyone’s name.

7. BIGGEST STRUGGLE: GETTING NONNA TO SIT DOWN AND EAT INSTEAD OF CLEANING UP

Wait for Nonna.” Dad, she’s been cleaning since we walked in and my pasta is getting cold. Just tell her someone isn’t eating, and she’ll come right over.

8. YOU KNEW NUTELLA BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE

When someone looked at you like you had five heads when you brought out Nutella, you knew they weren’t Italian. (You also made it clear to them that they didn’t know what they were missing.)

9. YOU AREN'T FLUENT IN ITALIAN, BUT YOU KNOW ALL THE CURSE WORDS

You can’t say “per favore” or “grazie”, but when someone pisses you off you know exactly what to say.

10. THE PASSION FOR YOUR FAVORITE FUTBOL TEAM IS GREATER THAN ANYTHING ELSE

Soccer is another way of life in Italy. No matter if your team is Juve (like myself), Milan, Roma, or any other legendary team, you never miss a game. (And if they lose, you are in a depressive state for a month).

11. 15 ESPRESSOS A DAY IS A MUST

Let’s be honest though, if it’s not Lavazza, you aren’t drinking it.

12. YOU MAKE IT KNOWN THAT ITALIANS DO IT BETTER

You are proud of your country, heritage, and your family. Yes, everyone is loud and crazy, but you have each other’s back, and you wouldn’t change that for the world.