As Told By The 'Gilmore Girls'

As Told By The 'Gilmore Girls'

11
As Told By The 'Gilmore Girls'

Some people like to argue that parents should not be friends with their children, simply because it seems to make enforcing rules and being the authority figure difficult. If you're lucky enough to have parents that think the complete opposite, you know how amazing life is when you're best friends with your parents. My mom is the best friend I will ever have in my life, and I have zero shame in saying that. There's no one else I'd rather spend my time with, whether we're venting about life or debating who Olivia should be with on "Scandal." She's the Lorelai to my Rory, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

1. You go to her for advice about everything, and she always knows what to say

She knows how to cheer you up and/or give you the bout of honesty that you didn't realize you needed to hear.

2. She watches the same TV shows as you and gushes about them with you

You know her favorite characters and know that sometimes you have to just agree to disagree on who belongs with who.

3. She's got your back, no matter what

She's your #1 cheerleader and she dislikes whoever you dislike, no matter if she's met them or not.

4. You'll always need her, no matter how old you are

No matter if you're in college or married with your own children, you're alway going to need your Mom/best friend.

5. She’s your favorite person to hang out with

Whether you're binging netflix together or simply running errands, doing anything with your mom makes it 10 times as fun.

6. She gives the best pep talks

Sometimes just talking to your mom can turn a bad day around. She's the best motivator and just knowing she's in your corner makes life's obstacles easier to tackle.

7. You can ask her the serious questions

No question is off limits when it comes to your mom, whether you want to know the what the meaning of life is or if you're questioning where you rank on her list of priorities compared to cake.

8. You can talk about anything

Whether you're discussing what you should wear on a date or what your next life decision should be, your mom is here to listen and talk about anything your heart desires.

9. You can be goofy together

Your mom probably has the same sense of humor you do, which mean you can act as immature as you want when you're together.

10. She's there for you for through the good, but especially the bad

Whether you aced your final or you got your heart broken, your mom is there to react in any way that you need. She's the best person to celebrate with and the best person to be comforted by.

11. She's the first person you call about everything

Because you're best friends, your phones calls can last for hours and they never get boring. When something amazing or horrible happens, you know your mom will hear about it right after it happens.

12. She inspires you to be the best person you can be

Your mom has changed your life completely just by being the amazing friend and mom that she is. She's there for you always, and you hope that you turn out to be at least half the person she is.