12 Reasons To Break The Baby Fever

12 Reasons To Break The Baby Fever

We can do this, ladies.

67
12 Reasons To Break The Baby Fever
Baby Care Journals

Ladies, I know how you're feeling. They smell wonderful, they're absolutely adorable and they will love on you all day. Babies are like little bundles of happiness that immediately make you start feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. Slowly, you begin convincing yourself that you want a baby, no, you need a baby of your own. Your motherly instincts kick into high-gear as you imagine all the amazing moments of parenthood that every mother swoons about: the bonding, the "I love you's," the baby kisses, all the firsts, did I mention the smell?

The only problem is, we can't be having babies right now. We haven't graduated or we aren't at that place yet with our significant others or we aren't financially sound. Whatever the reason, having a baby is far from a good idea right now... But they are so little and cute! No. We're forgetting about all the reasons having a baby is not as fun as we romanticize it to be.

1. You won't sleep for months.

They don't automatically sleep through the night. If you're breastfeeding, forget about sleep for at least three months! "Sleep when the baby sleeps." Right, because that works out.

2. You'll say goodbye to privacy.

You think the bathroom is a sacred place? Think again. You don't even get to poop alone.

3. Alcohol will become a necessity.

You'll need it after those long days when your children turn into heathens, but you'll feel guilty for its necessity. Unless it's wine. Wine is always classy.

4. You can't have nice things.

All of your makeup destroyed in a matter of minutes? That's not expensive to replace anyway, right? How did she get up there on her own? I'm not sure. I made the mistake of thinking I could shower.

5. Let's not forget about this.

6. Poosplosions

Just sacrifice the outfit. Cut it off. It's not worth the poop mess that will ensue.

7. Bathtime Accidents

The entire child needs rewashing now.

8. Really, any bowel related incident.

Potty training does not come quick enough.

9. The Spit Up

Oh, the spit up...

10. Babies turn into children.

You are solely responsible for how these children grow up. You'll make the difference between releasing a spoiled brat into the world or a well-rounded young adult. No pressure, right?

11. Children throw tantrums. Often in public.

OK, so most children won't get this bad, but every child has thrown some kind of a fit in the middle of the grocery store. It's embarrassing and everyone judges you.

12. Kids are just overall disgusting, tiny human beings.

You would kiss a clean house goodbye. Your whole life would consist of cleaning up messes, one right after the other. Some of which, you won't be able to discern the origin of.

So if you've come down with the fever, remember you're better off convincing a relative to pop one out than putting yourself through these inevitable scenarios.

Eh, who are we kidding? Once you've caught the baby fever, nothing but a baby makes it go away. Here are some adorable babies for your viewing pleasure.