12 Reasons to Watch "Firefly"

12 Reasons to Watch "Firefly"

"You can't take the sky from me"

419
12 Reasons to Watch "Firefly"
King of Wallpapers

Almost 15 years ago Fox introduced, in my personal opinion, one of its greatest TV shows ever. The show takes place in the future where an unlikely crew band together in order to find work and survive. Sadly this amazing show was canceled only after one season, which ended in a cliffhanger. The show is called Firefly, and it is currently on Netflix right now so you should totally watch it. If you any reasons to watch this amazing show, here are 12 reasons why you should stop whatever you are doing and watch it right now:

1. The storyline in general

When my friends first told me about this show, they told me that it was about cowboys in space. That honestly did not make much sense to me until I actually watched it. There's so much more than just cowboys in space, including action, romance and quite a few plot twists. Every episode brings a new adventure for the crew of Serenity that will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire show.

2. The humor

The show itself is very lighthearted. There are some dark and depressing parts, but there are also parts in every episode that will make you laugh and cause you to fall in love with these witty characters.

3. Captain Mal. Must I say more?

From his humor to his dedication to his ship to his love for his team it is hard to not absolutely love Captain Mal!

4. Simon and River's sibling relationship

Simon and River's sibling relationship is by far one of my favorite parts of the show. Even when River has one of her crazy moments Simon is always there to help her and defend her. In Serenity when Simon was hurt, River fought for him.

5. The random facts that may or may not be useful to know someday

River was incredibly smart, but she always shared weird facts at weird times.

6) Jayne's math skills

Along with his fabulous hat, Jayne's math skills were another reason why he was such a lovable character. He was great for comic relief!

7. River Tam. Must I say more?

River had some of the best lines in this show. Her character was also really awesome because there was always something new with her in almost every episode.

8. The amount of faith that Captain Mal's crew had in him

No matter what mess Captain Mal put his crew through they always knew that he would help them get through it. Their dedication to him as their leader was another great part of this show.

9. Simon's lovable awkwardness

I absolutely loved Simon! He was my favorite character so this point is very much biased! He is super smart but when it comes to relationships and people in general he needs to work on his skills.

10. The fact that even the characters on the show wanted Captain Mal and Inara together

It was so obvious that these two were meant for each other.

11. Strong female characters

Each of these women were unique in their talents and skills and none of were the stereotypical "damsel in distress". They could all fight but they were not aggressive all of the time. They were all very well-rounded characters.

12. The fact that even though it has been years since the show was canceled, people are still watching it and loving it

So accurate.