12 Reactions To Supernatural's Season 12 Premiere

"Keep calm and carry on?" I think not!

31
Wikia

Okay Supernatural fans, let's recap from Season 11's finale:

The team (consisting of Sam, Dean, Castiel, Crowley, and Rowena) was completely out of ideas to defeat the Darkness until Billie the Reaper showed up and hid a bomb inside of Dean that would finish off Amara once and for all. However, when Dean and Amara began to talk, she revealed her regret for attacking "Chuck," a.k.a. her brother, God (who else called that?!). To further show her regret, Amara brings Chuck to where she and Dean are and apologizes for everything she had done. Once she heals Chuck, the sun begins to shine (literally) and the rest of the team realizes that they succeeded in saving the world again. Before God and the Darkness vanish as smoke into the sky, God takes the destructive bomb out of Dean and the Darkness blesses Dean with "what he needed most."

The next thing we see is a British blonde woman, who claims to be a member of the chapter of Men of Letters residing in England, in the bunker. Before Sam can do anything, she sends Castiel away using a sigil and fires a gun pointed at Sam.

With 30 seconds before the episode ends, Dean is seen wandering out of the forest when he hears a woman cry out for help. The woman is none other than Mary Winchester, Sam and Dean's mother, alive and well (still dressed in the white nightgown that she had died in 33 years earlier).

I know you've all seen the season opener last Thursday unless an angel decided to take over your tv to watch reruns of Coyote and the Road Runner again. Here are my Top 12 Surprises for S12:

12. Sam's alive...of course!

How many times have the boys died and somehow lived to star in another episode? Even if this is the twelfth season, the writers can't kill off the Winchesters, especially with just a gunshot to the leg.

11. The introduction.

The introduction to this season features a Men of Letters logo and a new song that makes me think this season will be in a completely new direction away from demons, angels, and the like. Maybe, this time, the problems are actual people.

10. Okay so yes, Mary Winchester is back!

And it's even the same actress since 2005 so high-five to the writers for keeping up with the consistency. I was somewhat expecting some form of memory loss when the Darkness brought Mary back, but while she was disoriented, she definitely handled herself against Dean which was impressive and fun to watch!

9. Sam's suicide.

Sam's "suicide" really had me for about 0.003 seconds but it was interesting to see how he tricked and trapped the British woman in the basement with him, even if it was for a few minutes.

8. Mary kicking ass.

While Castiel and Dean are temporarily down after getting their butts handed to them by a henchman of the British woman, Mary saves her kids (I've already decided she's going to take Cas in as one of her own by the next few episodes) and kills the henchman. We then see her sitting in the car staring at her hands and the first thing I thought of was how she wanted out of this life. Now it's only been one day since she was brought back to life and she's already killed someone. Oh, the cruel irony.

7. Mary and Castiel meeting for the first time.

The introduction the writers created for the first meeting between Mary and Castiel was hilarious in my opinion. Here she is, trying to protect her son by aiming a gun point-blank at an "angel of the Lord," who is already pissed from being sent away from the British woman and worried about Dean and Sam.

7.1. I also loved the reaction on Mary's face when she saw Baby, a.k.a. the beautiful 1967 Chevy Impala, again after thirty-something years. She seemed taken aback but then reminiscent of it. I'm waiting for the moment she asks Dean if she can drive!

6. Why didn't the British woman's henchman burn Sam's hair when she had the chance??

Sam is literally tied down and if only for the moment, is unable to stop her from doing something so drastic. Granted, it would've definitely been messier but then Sam's locks would finally be back under control. I guess this is more for the fandom side of Supernatural rather than the viewer side.

5. New mystical items.

Did anyone else get a good look at the brass knuckles that the British woman's henchman had while she was beating the snot out of Dean and Cas? There were definitely strange markings on each of them. Could they possibly be enchanted with runes and sigils that we've always seen or are they new and ready to be introduced this season?

4. So the British lady that has shot, kidnapped, and tortured Sam is a mother?

Not only that, but a recent mother compared to how young her son is. She also appears to come from a high-standing lifestyle back in England which makes me wonder about her backstory. I hope the writers have a good explanation for her current lifestyle and her connection to the Men of Letters. Sidebar: could there even be a possible spinoff or is that too sinful to speak of?

3. British Men of Letters.

Continuing with the British Men of Letters, why do they really want to work with the U.S. (specifically the Winchesters)? I can get the idea that yes, the Winchesters have made a mess of the world more than a few times so they're here to stop any future messes from happening. However, I feel like there's a deeper reason for this intervention and I can't wait to see what becomes of the Men of Letters.

2. Oh my God, Castiel!

He has really shown how much of a badass he has really become in just one episode. This is so different from Leviathan Cas and even Lucifer Cas! I am so excited to see how far he pushes the boundaries, even more so now that Dean's mom will be with them, at least for the foreseeable future.

1. Lucifer is back!

For those who watched after the episode ended and saw the preview for next week's episode, this following part may not surprise you. However, if you didn't stay to see the preview, well, let's just say Lucifer has found a new vessel that has (for now) been able to hold him. Yet, it's not the beloved, fan favorite Mark Pellegrino. Oh no, this time it's Rick Springfield! I have no clue how he will be introduced into the season and I have no clue as to why Rick Springfield's character is a perfect vessel for Lucifer unless he has some relation to Sam and Dean? This will either be a huge success or a bit of a flop, but in either case, I don't think I can last a full week until the next episode.