9 Movies To Add To Your November Netflix Queue To Get Into The Holiday Spirit

I'm feeling extra santa-mental this year.

27
MCPA/Youtube

It's November, so that means that the holidays are inching ever so closer! I'm already prepared to bundle up in blankets and get into the holiday spirit. Like always, there has been a ton of newly released Christmas movies, but there are also movies of Christmas past that I'm ready to watch again. Whether it's new rom-coms, older classics, or animated fantasies, it's time to add some holiday movies to your Netflix queue.

1. "Holidate"

Holidate is a new holiday film from Netflix this year. It's a romantic-comedy and holiday movie to the extreme, since it hits on holidays year-round (I'm talking Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day, too). The plot's nothing new, as it revolves around two people fake-dating to ward off expectations, but it's still a fun movie. The main characters (with their chemistry and somewhat excessive cursing) are entertaining to watch. If you enjoy other Christmas rom-coms, you'll probably enjoy this one too.

2. "This Christmas"

This Christmas is a homey movie to remind you of your extended family when you can't visit them this year. This 2007 movie centers around a family that hasn't seen each other in years. Each of the almost dozen family members has tons of secrets and drama to pass around as they relearn how to celebrate Christmas together. This movie stars Chris Brown, Regina King, and Idris Elba among other talented actors. If you enjoy family movies or sit-coms, you'll definitely enjoy This Christmas.

3. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

This holiday classic based on the Dr. Seuss book is amusing, whimsical, and nostalgic. The 2000's-style special effects and costumes add a sense of comedy to the lovable plot. This is a perfect feel-good watch with your family or friends to get into the spirit of Christmas. Plus, the Grinch gets bonus points for having a cute dog.

4. "The Grinch"

This 2018 adaptation to the same Dr. Seuss book is delightful. This version has enough differences from the 2000 version to make it at least worth a watch this year. The Grinch is animated rather than live-action and it includes Benedict Cumberbatch as the Grinch in a modified, more believable storyline. Coincidentally, this movie also features a cute dog.

5. "Let it Snow"

Let It Snow is a typical teen rom-com for fans of movies like To All the Boys I Loved Before and The Kissing Booth. This book adaptation about a snowed-in town full of intertwined characters, each involved in their own love stories. The talented cast includes Mitchell Hope, Kiernan Shipka, and Jacob Batalon. This is the perfect movie to watch with friends when you're snowed-in - or any other time this month.

6. "The Princess Switch"

The Princess Switch is perfect for fans of Vanessa Hudgens. This 2018 movie combines many different (and amazing) ideas: baking competitions, (not actually) twin hijinks, and the holidays. This Christmas rom-com is definitely very cliche but still fun to watch. If you've already watched The Princess Switch, the sequel is being released on November 19th, where Vanessa Hudgens actually plays three characters.

7. "The Holiday Calendar"

The Holiday Calendar is a heartwarming rom-com that is exceptionally well-balanced. Abby is a photographer with a job she doesn't enjoy. She receives an advent calendar from her grandfather that points her in the right direction. The cast is diverse and the movie is equally dramatic and romantic. This movie is perfect for anyone looking for a quality romantic comedy with a love of family.

8. "Klaus"

If you're a fan of animated movies and shows, you'll enjoy Klaus. This family-oriented movie is a heartfelt origin story for Santa Claus centered around a postman on a far-off island. With beautiful animation, a detailed story, and an amazing soundtrack, this Academy Award-nominated movie is worth a watch before Christmas rolls around.

9. "Sugar Rush Christmas"

Sugar Rush Christmas is not actually a movie, but I had to tack on this delightful and delicious show onto the end of this list. This is a reality show where bakers make Christmas-inspired treats in hopes of the cash prize. This show is for any Christmas-lovers who also love baking or cooking competitions. The next season is coming out later this month!

These are some of the best Christmas movies on Netflix, and they're ready to be added to your queue!