12 Lessons From Musicals That Have Stuck With Me Like An Earworm Song

Sometimes musicals do a bit more than entertain.

56

Every day we learn something new, every day we're taught something new. Musicals are one of the most memorable ways of learning lessons. These are just a few lessons that musicals have taught me.

1. Seize the day.

"Courage cannot erase our fears, courage is when we face our fears." - Newsies

2. Growing up is hard.

Sex education is important. - Spring Awakening

3. Measure you're live in love.

There are 525,600 minutes in a year, live each one like it's your last. - Rent

4. A person's a person, no matter how small. - Seussical

5. The choices people make define who they are and how they are perceived. - Wicked

6. Being yourself never goes out of style. - Legally Blonde

7. Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise again. - Les Mis

8. We start with stars in our eyes. - Dear Evan Hansen

9. Just be who you wanna be. - Kinky Boots

10. Hakuna Matata.

It means no worries. - The Lion King

11. No matter how many trials you face or how bad the future looks, stay true to yourself and it will be okay. - Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat

12. Doing what you love can tear you apart from those you love. - Jersey Boys