12 Lesser Known Panic! At The Disco Songs You Should Be Listening To Right Now

There is more to life than "I Write Sins Not Tragedies"

6557
Wikipedia

When most people think about Panic! At The Disco, they just think about closing that gosh darn door. Their first album, "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out", launched them into alternative fame when it was released in 2005. However, most people just know them for that one song. (Not knocking it. It's a good one, just overplayed, in my opinion.) Over the years, P!ATD has released four other albums, all chock full of music that is lyrically complex and instrumentally gorgeous. Most of my favorite songs from this band are the less popular ones, the ones not many people have heard of. While the popular stuff is great, the unpopular stuff deserves to be heard, too. Here are just a few:

1. "I Have Friends In Holy Spaces"

This beautiful, short song is a true gem featured on the band's second album, "Pretty. Odd." It has a very old feel to it, and Brendon Urie's smooth vocals carry throughout the tune. Definitely something you might expect to hear coming out of a record player.

2. "There's A Good Reason These Tables Aren't Numbered, Honey. You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet."

In the true style of P!ATD's first album, this song has a funky, seemingly big band style. The cymbal crashes and the swift piano make it a dancing number. You'll definitely want to hear this song while you're out at a jazz club and do the Charleston to it.

3. "Memories"

This song is just a good one. Brendon Urie sounds so good throughout and I really enjoy the guitar riffs. The lyrics are also beautiful and tell a sad but relatable story. It adds a lot of goodness to the whole of this album, "Vices and Virtues".

4. "Collar Full"

Truth be told, I didn't love this song when it first came out in 2013. But it definitely grew on me. The instrumentals are really neat and follow that weird, techno feel that all of "Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die!" has. This one is a jam. Play it in your car during a drive. You'll thank me later.

5. "Mercenary"

Unlike all of the other songs mentioned, this one isn't on an album. It's actually a song P!ATD made for the 2011 video game "Batman: Arkham Asylum". The chorus rings out like how the band originally sounded, and it's just a fun song to listen to. It's fast-paced and something you can rock out to. Just ignore the weird video game interlude in the middle of it.

6. "Folkin' Around"

Much like "I Have Friends In Holy Spaces", this is also a highly underrated number off "Pretty. Odd.". It has a beautiful, old country sound, and the lyrics are incredibly beautiful. Additionally, Brendon Urie kills it on the vocals for this one. It's is a personal, top-five favorite of mine from every song P!ATD has ever made. Everyone should know this song. It's amazing.

7. "House Of Memories"

This might be the best song off the band's newest album, "Death Of A Bachelor". The chorus is so good, and just the overall beat is very danceable. It's reminiscent of the techno vibe from "Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!" with more traditional instrumentals. The background vocals are also amazing. Definitely check this one out.

8. "Trade Mistakes"

If you don't cry while you're listening to "Trade Mistakes", you're probably doing it wrong. This song is incredible. The lyrics, the instrumentals, just everything. I had the pleasure of hearing this song live once and I nearly lost my stuff while they played it.

9. "Impossible Year"

I find this song is the most introspective one off of "Death Of A Bachelor". It's as though the party of the previous songs has ended, and the singer is left to deal with the reality of his situation. Brendon Urie's vocals are slamming here, and the instrumentals will move you emotionally.

10. "Camisado"

When I was 11 and first bought P!ATD's debut album, I used to jam out to this song nonstop. I think it was me second most played song on my iPod. The lyrics are intricate, and the beat is hard and fast. This song truly embodies the band's early style of weird and complex.

11. "Mad As Rabbits"

This song closes "Pretty. Odd." and it does so on the absolute best note. It has great trumpet riff in the beginning. Its background vocals of Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross combined really make the song. This, too, is a jam. (Unrelated: I met Panic! At The Disco while wearing a shirt with lyrics from this song, and Brendon complimented it!)

12. "Stall Me"

A relatively unknown song as a B-side for "Vices and Virtues", "Stall Me" has a wonderful chorus and a fun drum beat. I wish it had made it onto the actual record because of how good it is. Much like the others, it's one you can rock out to while exercising or cleaning or whatever. It's just good, an overall solid song. But, since it was never released on the American release of the record, I will just settle for playing is again and again on YouTube.