12 Fun Things to Do During a Snow Day

12 Fun Things to Do During a Snow Day

Too cold for school/work? Not too cold for fun!

39810
12 Fun Things to Do During a Snow Day

The phone rings and word is out that school is canceled. It’s officially a snow day! But what to do on a snow day that isn’t boring? Here are 12 fun things to do on a snow day!

1. Have a spa day!

Break out the facemasks and nail polish, it’s time for an at-home spa treatment! Don’t forget to relax in a nice hot bubble bath and some fuzzy socks to unwind after a long day of shoveling.

2. Binge watch shows/movies

Let’s put the Netflix vs. Hulu debate aside and curl up in a nice warm blanket and watch some wintery movies.

3. Bake yummy treats

Brownies, cookies, cakes, and more! The weather outside is frightful, but baked goods are delightful.

4. Listen to music

Spotify or Pandora has so many playlists for snowy days that are totally worth a listen. Whether it be holiday songs or just some relaxing tunes, the low temperatures will soon feel a bit more bearable.

5. Cuddle

No cuddle buddy? No problem! Get yourself a teddy bear or a furry friend and get ready to celebrate the snuggle weather in front of the fireplace.

6. Go sledding

Sledding is not just for kids, Y'all! Find the nearest snow-covered hill, grab some sleds (or improvise with garbage can lids), and have some fun!

7. Drink a warm beverage

Hot chocolate, tea, or coffee is sure to warm you up after a day of playing in the cold snow.

8. Read a book or write

Productivity doesn’t have to be all bad, you know. Maybe getting some free reading or creative writing will help pass some time while it’s too cold to go out, if you don’t have writer’s block that is!

9. Get Crafty!

Pinterest has plenty of options for some fun wintery crafts that are cost-free and made of items you can find around the house.

10. Play in the snow

Again, snowflake fun isn’t just for kids! Build a snowman or fort, practice making snow angels, or get ready to dodge some snowballs.

11. Not homework!

I mean, I guess it can be useful to get stuff done, but whoever said homework is fun? Yeah, that’s what I thought.

12. Play board games

Monopoly, Clue, Life, Candyland, or Trouble are just a few board games to eliminate boredom.

While the snowflakes are accumulating outside, there is fun to be had both indoors and out! Whether you like the freezing temperatures or not, there’s always fun to be had. Now go and enjoy the day off!