12 Things College Students Should Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving

Everyone’s aways thankful for three things: friends, family or their health.
42

You know how Thanksgiving goes--you’re gathered around a table with your family, and they’re all dying to know about your life. How’s college? Do you have a boyfriend? They ask the usual, uncomfortable life questions to you which you just sweep under the rug.

And after that uncomfortable part of the festive dinner is over, it’s time for another. Cue the traditional, “Let’s go around the table and say one thing we’re thankful for!” You roll your eyes. It’s the same every year, so you don’t know why your family insists they do it before tearing apart the turkey.

But your answers this year don’t have to play into the snooze fest. Let’s be honest. Here are 13 things you can be thankful for this Thanksgiving that are sure to make a splash at the table.

1. I’m thankful for not having dropped out of college yet because man, have I come close.

2. I’m thankful for my professor, who canceled class so I could get an extra hour of sleep.

3. I’m thankful for that time I didn’t wake up with a hangover when I decided to go out on a Tuesday.

4. I’m thankful for Wikipedia for helping me write all my essays.

5. I’m thankful for the girl who told me I looked cute in the bathroom when I actually didn’t.

6. I’m thankful for the friends who pull all-nighters with me.

7. I’m thankful for McDonald's at 2 a.m.

8. I’m thankful for every snow day, ever.

9. I’m thankful for websites that let me stream my favorite shows for free and for Spotify realizing college students don’t have money so they’re giving us Hulu for free.

10. I’m thankful for the days when the food in the dining hall doesn’t look and taste like dog s***.

11. I’m thankful for passing the test by a few points.

12. I’m thankful for the few professors who didn’t assign homework over Thanksgiving break.

OK, so many of you wouldn’t say all of this during your Thanksgiving dinner with the family present, but it doesn’t mean you're any less thankful.