12 Best Halloween Movies For The Frightfully Challenged

By Christina Messore

12

(Fear factor: out of 10)

• Halloweentown (1) - This is a good series of movies to watch if you love monsters and magic, but you're not so into creepy, scary things that haunt you in the night.
  • Hocus Pocus (2) - A classic, amazing movie about three witches trying to live forever. If you haven't seen it yet this is a MUST SEE.
  • Nightmare Before Christmas (2) - A Halloween/Christmas mashup with skeletons and other creatures. It is the most musical on my list.
  • Harry Potter (3) - If you don't consider them Halloween movies you need to get your eyes checked. For the least scary try the first two movies.
  • Mom's got a Date with a Vampire (1) - I love this movie and strongly feel that it was underrated, however, if vampires aren't your favorite thing ever, there's a good chance it won't be quite your cup of tea.
  • Mostly Ghostly (2) - Probably the one I would recommend most strongly because it was fantastic and had amazing actors.
  • Twitches (1) - As someone with a late October birthday I played this movie at most of my birthday parties growing up and never had any complaints.
  • The Adams Family (1) - A timeless classic that wouldn't crack my top 10, but I expanded the list because I feel it deserves to be on here.
  • Beetlejuice (4) - Full disclosure this movie can be scary, not scary like a horror movie but there were times in high school that it made my heart race.
  • Ghostbusters (1) - The classic almost everyone has heard of, but not as many people have seen, so if you haven't yet, watch it.
  • Goosebumps (3) - So fantastic. The movies are scary to most kids but shouldn't be anything a college student can't handle.
  • Dark Shadows (2) - Okay so to be completely honest this movie makes me cry, and I love it so much. It is about a vampire but not a scary one.