12 Beautiful, Unique Places To Travel To While Abroad

The pictures of these gorgeous places speak for themselves.

72
cloudinary.com

We're all constantly hearing how dangerous Europe is at the present time. It seems as if there are mass shootings every other day and/or ISIS attacks. For those of us getting ready to travel in September, or are already abroad, it's hard to not be scared about what could happen. Here's the thing guys. Anything can happen to us whether we are at home, school or across the globe. What's the point in living in fear? Obviously there are precautions that need to be taken. We shouldn't wander or attend events with large crowds and should always be 100% aware of our surroundings. Given the current predicament, we can't afford to be drunk out of our minds like previous students who have taken advantage of the younger legal drinking age. As someone who lives in another country where the drinking age is 18, I can honestly tell you that it's nothing amazing. Who cares about being able to go out and buy a drink? It's like going to buy a lemonade. There's nothing magical about it. On that note, I encourage everyone to go out and travel instead of seeing how many bars they can get into. Go out and experience a new culture that you may never again have the chance to enjoy. Below is a list of 12 "safe," unique and amazing places to travel to while on that side of the hemisphere. Don't live in fear and get your passport ready!

1. Lyon, France

Lyon is located in the Rhône-Alpes region of France. It is full of renaissance architecture, as well as modern.

2. Cordoba, Spain

Cordoba is located in southern Spain and is known for its Islamic architecture. In the Middle Ages it was one of the centers of Islamic culture, as well as an important Roman city. Now, however, you can see the mix of islam and catholicism.

3. Split, Croatia

Split is located in the Dalmatian region of Croatia. It is known for the beautiful clear waters that surround the city, as well as the forts built by a Roman emperor.

4. Salzburg, Austria

Salzburg is on the German border of Austria. It was the home of Mozart and is most popularly known as the location spot for "The Sound of Music."

5. Dubrovnik, Croatia

Dubrovnik is located in southern Croatia. It faces the beautiful Adriatic Sea and is mostly known for the old town. The old town is surrounded by walls that were built in the 16th century.

6. Helsinki, Finland

Helsinki is the southern capital of Finland. It is full of museums and cathedrals.

7. Porto, Portugal

Porto is a city located on the coast in Portugal and is known for its wine. It is full of medieval culture with cobbled streets and old houses.

8. Bruges, Belgium

Bruges is found in northwest Belgium and is also full of medieval culture. It is known for its fishing and trade, and therefore contains many market features.

9. Seville, Spain

Seville is located in southern Spain and is the capital of the Andalusia region. It is a city full of culture with its flamenco dancing and castles, among many other things.

10. Heidelberg, Germany

Heidelberg is a southwestern town found on the Neckar river. It is known for its old town alongside the river and baroque style.

11. Edinburgh, Scotland

Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland and is known for its New Town. It was built in the Gregorian style and is full of gardens and Neoclassical buildings.

12. Milan, Italy

Milan is a metropolis in northern Italy. It's known for fashion and design, as well as finance. It is full of culture, like art and architecture.