12 Activities To Do On Your Next College Snow Day

Did someone say no school?

73

Coming down to Virginia from Massachusetts for college, I've definitely noticed some differences when it comes to snow days. Growing up in a school system where the Superintendent was from Maine, we rarely had snow days. It had to be bad, like REALLY BAD weather for school to be canceled. I never got my hopes up because we always seemed to be one of the only towns in the area whose schools were still open even when there was a Nor'easter coming our way. Besides, no one wanted to add extra days to the school calendar in June when the weather was beautiful.

Now that I'm in college, I look forward to even the slightest chance of a snow day. Since we have significantly less days off from school, the thought of having a snow day is like a dream come true. If you're lucky enough to have understanding professors, you won't have to make classes up either. I find myself constantly refreshing the Accuweather app on my phone to see the updates and snow predictions. I've found that there's definitely more of a possibility of having a snow day being at school in Virginia.

So, if you're looking for some things to do when you have the whole day free, here are 12 activities to do on your next college snow day.

1. Stay in your pajamas all day and make brunch with your roommates or significant other

Source

You might not have understood why your parents loved the opportunity to stay in their pajamas all day when they didn't have to work, but you definitely do now. It's one of the best feelings when you have the opportunity to be lazy all day and stay comfy in your PJs. Also, brunch?!? Absolutely yes.

2. Movie Marathon/Netflix or Hulu binge

There's no better feeling than knowing that the only list you have to complete is the list of movies or episodes you're planning on watching throughout the day.

3. Get ahead on some work

If you've guilted yourself into being a good student on your day off, you might choose to get ahead on some work so you're not stressed or overwhelmed in the following days.

4. Go sledding

Source

Bring back those childhood days of getting out your sled and getting all bundled up to go outside.

5. Cook up some yummy snacks

If you don't have time to cook during the week, now is the perfect time to whip up a yummy snack or treat that you actually have time to spend doing.

6. Get your booze on

To many, snow day=day drinkin'

7. Sleep!

It's the perfect opportunity to catch up on a semester's worth of sleep all in one day.

8. Play board games

Source

"Cards Against Humanity" anyone?

9. Have a photo shoot

What's a snow day without some pics of you enjoying it?

10. Order takeout

Chinese food takeout anyone?

11. Have a snowball fight

Bring back the old days with a friendly fight.

12. Have a spa day

Take the day to pamper yourself. You deserve it.

Enjoy the free day, who knows when the next will come.