11 Ways To Make Your Late Nights More Enjoyable

Sometimes your night needs a little spice.

77
Versus

Ever stay in and then wish you hadn't? Have your plans ever fallen through? Do you ever just wish you had moves, but instead spent the night glancing at your phone and watching Netflix while silently sobbing and wishing you had friends? (This has definitelynever happened to me). If so, then here are some ideas on how to make your night memorable, fun, and/or simply a swell time.

1. Stargazing

A simple change of setting to one's own backyard will suffice. (Or the bed of a pick-up truck if you want to get fancy). For the forsaken artist seeking a muse, to the young astrologist who only takes life advice from the sky instead of their daily newspaper, or even the casual purveyor of the sky's mysteries, this is a constant nighttime pastime that anyone can do, as long as your town doesn't have a high level of light pollution. If it does, then there are online horoscopes and Internet Sky Maps, too.

2. Taco Bell runs

Taco Bell is practically synonymous with "late night". Anyone who's anyone knows that the best way to satisfy late night cravings is to head over to your nearest Taco Bell, wait a half hour in line, and eat God's gift to mankind. Don't like quesadillas or tacos? No worries, because you will like the heavenly Cinnabon Delights. Buy them in a 12-pack, grab a Baja Blast, and then watch your Netflix! Your night will surely be at least 90-100% better.

3. Take a bath

You may think "Who takes baths anymore?" Or you may think "Baths are simply archaic" but either way, baths are relaxing, rejuvenating, and your excuse to go to Lush and buy some bath bombs. Put on some Lana Del Rey, light some candles, and slip into your tub, because you deserve to relax!

4. Drink some tea

Or decaf coffee. Whatever your tastes are, hot drinks make everything better, and they go well with nights in.

5. Make a Snapchat tutorial

If you have a need to be heard and to broadcast your voice, consider making a super long tutorial on Snapchat! Most people will probably swipe right past it, but it can be fun, and you never know who needs to learn how to do winged eyeliner, bake a cake, buy shoes, do the cinnamon challenge, calculate Pi, etc.

6. Have a campout

It can be done in the legitimate wilderness, your backyard, or even your local park (if you can manage to hide your tent). Light a campfire, eat some s'mores, bring a guitar, and let the good times roll!

7. Go to the carwash

Fun fact: Carwashes are a great place to go if you have a dirty car, a friend, and nothing better to do! Roll up the windows, sit back, and relax as your car gets a much needed wash, while you can hang out, make out, jam out, or anything of the sort with your compadres.

8. Drive to UDF

After getting a squeaky clean carwash, or going on an exhausting run,you might get a hankering for ice cream. Get a friend (or don't) and go to your nearest dairy haven, where the ice cream is cheap, good, and as amazing as a milkshake.

9. Make cookies

Getting into a Martha Stewart mood? Instead of focusing on home improvement, focus on improving your wellbeing and bake some cookies, cake, brownies, apple pies, souffles, or anything your heart desires. The best cooking happens late at night!

10. Think deep thoughts

Are you a wanderer on this vast landscape we call the cold, barren crust of the earth? Do you seek enlightenment or meaning? We all know that the heaviest thoughts come in the darkest hours. Instead of shrugging them off, welcome them, and you may just get to know yourself a little better.

11. Sleep

Sometimes we don't need late nights. We need rest and energy. Tired of relying on 5-Hour Energy and coffee to get you through the day, or are you simply, plain old tired? Knock out now so you won't feel knocked out at noon tomorrow.