11 Ways To Cure The Post-Spring Break Blues

Returning to the classroom after a week of pure sunshine and salt water doesn't have to be as hard as you may think it is...

196
Betsy Mann

Nobody likes Monday to begin with, but the Monday after spring break is probably one of the worst days of the year. It’s back to school after a week of no obligations and lots of sunshine, which means some might be experiencing the post-spring break blues. Looking for some motivation to finish the semester on a strong note? Well then keep on scrollin’…

1. Study outside
The weather is changing and spring is in the air! Take advantage of the warm and breezy afternoons by setting up a study spot on the quad (make sure to bring something heavy to weigh down your papers)!

2. Treat yo' self
The pressure to achieve that spring break body is evaporated by now… Despite whatever health goals you set, you can treat yourself to a little indulgence, like a Java Chip Frappuccino or some froyo from Brynn's!

3. Find a killer playlist
Music can do wonders for your mood! Uplifting music can lift away those back to school blues!

4. Wear something new
A new season means a change in the wardrobe. A switch from turtleneck sweaters to tank tops can make you feel new again for the season.

5. Plan ahead for something
Something that always lifts my spirits is finding an event or holiday to look forward to. And there’s lots to look forward to: Wake 'N' Shake, a day off for the Easter holiday, the change in weather, Spring Fest, Carolina Cup, Beach Weekend etc… and don’t forget to keep working on those summer plans!

6. Reach out to friends
There are lots of stories to be told from a week of spring break fun! Recount those GT’s by sharing them with friends over a meal or coffee!

7. Make a goal and stick to it

Summer is just around the corner. So look at that syllabus, see your upcoming assignments, and make a plan on how to tackle them. The next half of the semester is going to fly by, whether you’re ready or not. If you start the second half of the semester strong, then you’ll hopefully finish strong.

8. Switch up your routine
Same wake-up time, same route to class, same thing for lunch… it’s easy to get stuck in a rut after such a non-routine week. So switch it up a little! Take a different route to class, wake up earlier and get your work done in the morning, or try a new study spot!

9. Try something new
Speaking of trying to switch up things, why not try something new like joining a sports team for the first time or getting involved in Campus Kitchen? New experiences unlock new skills and lead you to new friends.

10. Get off campus
Is there anything prettier than spring in Winston-Salem? Go out and see for yourself; walk through Reynolda Gardens and the Village one afternoon, spend a Saturday at Old Salem, or hike to Hanging Rock.

11. Look back at your spring break photos
There’s nothing like strolling down memory lane and looking back at your photos from the salt water and sunshine. Print them out and show them off (or maybe they are wall of shame worthy? It's still fun to look back and laugh)!