11 TV Shows With Inspiring Female Leads

11 TV Shows With Inspiring Female Leads

You can find them all on Netflix or Hulu!

13
11 TV Shows With Inspiring Female Leads
Google Images

1. Supergirl

I'm putting this as number one because Kara Danvers, also known as Supergirl, is my absolute favorite female lead character of all time. She is not only a strong working girl, but she is also a superhero. She is also not a typical girl superhero, who becomes over-sexualized and requires help from her male counterpart. She is able to defeat villians on her own, even ones that her male counterpart Superman could not. Lastly, she is kind and helps even the smallest of needs, such as a little girl getting bullied. She is my favorite superhero of all time.

2. How To Get Away With Murder

Annalise Keating is just one of those women you want to be. She is stylish, smart, and powerful. She is a powerhouse in the courtroom as well and classroom. She dodges any critism that comes her way and presents herself as tough while at anothertime in the show, we can see her feeling weak. This is inspiring because it shows that us, the audience, can be just as powerful as her while being able to feel vunerable at times.

3. iZombie

Liv Moore went to a party, got bit by a zombie, and turned into one. She now hasthe craving for human brains. What does she do? She gets a job at the coroner's office as a medical examiner and feeds her craving there. She is able to see visions into the brain of whoever she eats, so she uses this ability to solve murder crimes. She's inspiring because she turned a bad situation into something new. She is resourceful, funny, and is able to help in her own weird little way.

4. Broad City

The girls from Broad City, Abbi and Ilana, are two city girls that are awkward and funny. They are inspiring because they are trying to make it in the city despite how broke they are. They take on weird jobs and use their humor and awkwardness to get through it all. Girls can be funny too. Bonus: Broad City was originally a small Web series which then became a popular Comedy Central show.

5. Scream Queens

This may seem odd since the Chanel's can be mean and hateful. However, I believe they are worth noting because they are stylish and wear heels everyday with no problem (how do they do that?). They are strong, whether it be facing a murderer or men whom degrade them.

6. Inside Amy Shumer

This is another one of those girls can be funny too moments. I truely enjoy Amy Shumer's standup comedy along with her skits. She is unconventionally sexual in a way that is empowering. She is a business women, she's written her own book, she's in a few movies. Amy Shumer is wildly successful all while being funny and owning her sexuality.

7. Casual

Valerie is a newly divorces woman trying to get back in the game. She has a teenage daughter and works as a therapist. She tries to help her patients, her daughter and herself all at the same time. It's hard not to applaud Valerie for getting back on her feet after being cheated on by her ex-husband. She is not obviously strong and in fact there are many times she is obviously weak. It is her few moments of strength that push through her weaknesses that are empowering.

8. Keeping Up With The Kardashians

There are so many women in this show that I look up to. While I can understand much of the critism they get, I still stand my ground and say that the Kardashians are inspiring. They are all business women, all of them. Kim especially because she took a bad thing that happened to her and turned herself into a business with the help of her momager Kris. Kris is also inspiring because she has six kids, runs several businesses, and still shows up stylish. All the Kardashians are style icons as well.

9. New Girl

Jess is so kind. Her kindness and friendliness goes above and beyond. New Girl has so many funny characters and while they are mostly guys, Jess is also funny herself. I would watch the show for Jess alone. Yes, she watches Dirty Dancing on the couch while crying but she also marches to her ex boyfriend's house to get back her things, smashing plants in the process.

10. Finding Carter

Carter finds out that the mom she has known her whole lifeis actually her kidnapper. She has to try and find her way in this new home and new school. Her sarcasm and carefree attitude is what I love about her. She is clever and stylish in an alternative kind of way.

11. America's Next Top Model

Tyra Banks is not just a beautiful model, she is a working woman who is on multiple TV shows. She encourages everyone to be their best self and remind them that they are beautifulinside and out. She is strong and kind at the same time as well asbeing stylish and fierce.