11 Things Y'all Know To Be True If Y'all Are From The South
Lifestyles

Northern folk just don't get it.

1375
Morgan Johnson

If you live in the south, there are some things you can completely relate to. It's different down here, and that's why we love it. It is home, and we are thankful that we live here. We wouldn't want to be anywhere else. No matter where we go, our hearts will always be in the South.

1. You have good manners.  

Your parents definitely taught you to ALWAYS say, "yes ma'am," "no ma'am," "yes sir," and "no sir." You learned to always say "please" and "thank you." There's a good chance that you got in trouble if you ever forgot to say those, too. You might have even gotten spanked with a switch you picked in the backyard.

2. Your grandmother makes the best sweet tea.  

Sure, a lot of restaurants do, too, and so does your mom, but there is nothing like your grandmother's sweet tea. She uses way too much sugar, and it is perfect. No one will ever make it as good as she does.

3. Saturdays in the fall are for football.

Morgan Johnson

College football is taken VERY seriously. We love the SEC... except for Clemson fans. But, no matter what team you pull for, you can't go to Williams-Brice and not get chill bumps when "Sandstorm" is played.

4. You never know how to dress for the weather.  

In the morning, it could be 40 degrees outside, so you'll need to dress warm. In the afternoon, it could be well over 80 degrees. Also, don't plan on putting up your summer clothes when it's getting close to winter, or putting up your winter clothes when begins getting warmer outside. It can be 70 degrees in December and 30 degrees in April. Dressing in layers is a skill you master when you live in the South.

5. You complain about Yankees.  

No offense to anyone up north, but you didn't grow up the way we did. You're welcome to come down here as long as you aren't rude. We know we have great warm weather, and we know we don't handle snow very well. We don't need your input. So please, for the sake of everyone, keep your snobby comments to yourself, and learn how to make sweet tea.

6. The sunrises and sunsets are like nothing else.

Morgan Johnson

Sunrises and sunsets are beautiful down here. Whether you're at the beach, driving down the road, or at your house, you will see a picture-perfect sky. Sometimes, it's challenging to drive because it's so bright, but the view is definitely worth it.

7. Sundays call for church, lunch, and a good nap.  

One of the best things in the world is taking a long nap after church on a Sunday. I'm not exaggerating. It's the best. Especially if it starts to rain... I highly recommend.

8. We are super patriotic.

Morgan Johnson

All of the states are red. If you're not a Trump supporter, I promise you, you're outnumbered. We love guns, the military, and America. A lot. We believe in Jesus. We're proud to be American, and nothing will ever change that.

9. There's a church on every other street.  

We have a lot of Southern Baptist churches here. A LOT. There are churches everywhere. On the way to your church, you'll probably pass at least five other churches.

10. People comment on your accent, a lot.  

"Where are you from?"

"Oh, I live in South Carolina."

"I can tell."

This happens anytime you go somewhere.

11. You can't imagine living anywhere else.  

We love it here. We're proud to be from the South and wouldn't have it any other way. Bless your heart if you can't relate. You're missing out.

Living in the South is truly a blessing. Why would you ever want to live anywhere else?