11 Times The Office Has Looked A Lot Like College

Get through college one The Office GIF at a time.

64
N/A

There are way too many times that my adventure at Lee University has been very closely related to the adventure of the TV show, The Office. Some days I am Michael, and others, I am Toby. But every day, I am The Office. Here are my thoughts at Lee University accurately depicted by The Office GIFs:

1. When you cry for absolutely no reason

Well, my freshman year I cried over a five dollar Little Caesar's pizza because I was genuinely so overjoyed.

2. When the classwork keeps piling up

I don't know why, but there are not enough hours in the day at college. Sometimes the work doesn't stop coming, but you can't quit, and maybe this is why I was ACTUALLY crying over that pizza.

3. Lecture classes genuinely hurt

Hi. Yeah, my hand is about to fall off from writing all these notes, and I'm honestly not particularly interested in this subject, but it's a core requirement, so I am here. Make sure you add a slide in your powerpoint to highlight my self-pity, Professor.

4. When people try to talk to me in the mornings

Honestly, you're lucky that I am here and dressed at this 8am class. We can talk later, but for now, let's just not say anything at all, deal?

5. When the prospects for YOUR PERSON are fading fast

Although I am a big fan of waiting until I am 27 years old to actively pursue dating, I must take into consideration that (especially with the terrifying girl to boy student ratio at Lee University) there are not as many fish in the sea as I think there will be. Am I optimistic? YES! Am I charming? NO! Do you see the issue?

6. When you realize that PERSON may not actually exist

Cats can love you when people can't. This is pretty self explanatory... just don't forget to feed them.

7. When you have a bad day

Literally, everything that went wrong today did, but the bad days make the good days that much sweeter. Remember who you are and how far you've come. I'm proud of you, champ!

8. When you are consistently making free food a priority

This is a big deal. Free food is A BIG DEAL. Yeah, it's usually junk food, but you know as well as I do that the Freshman fifteen is unavoidable. So eat that fourth slice of pizza. YOU'RE WORTH IT.

9. When you return from a break

Your people are back, and the excitement is real. All of your friends are finally in one place, and I know, it's hard to contain yourself. Hug safely. Don't yell to loud. But be pumped because you've missed them.

10. When you need to nap

Naps are heavenly. They are so underrated at a young age, but we college kids take naps VERY seriously. Use your time wisely and rest accordingly. Homework when you need to homework. Nap when you need to nap.

11. When you finally make it

Whether you've made it through a day or all four years, you've still accomplished something and that deserves to be acknowledged. I'm proud of you, kiddo. Way to kick college's butt!!