11 Thoughts Moving Into Your First Apartment (With Your Best Friend)

Welcome to adulthood. Join us -- we have ramen and rent payments.

26

This week, the roommate adventures of Kasey and Macey pick up where they last left off! We moved from a tiny dorm room/Harry Potter’s closet underneath the stairs to a luxurious apartment with a real kitchen. Like many of you all, we know the struggles of settling down in a new place. It's a whirlwind of day, jam packed with emotions, and at the end of it you are stuck between fist-pumping for freedom and crying for a "How To Be An Adult" handbook. Here are some of the thoughts that ran through our minds on move-in day -- we’re sure they’ll hit home for some of you as well:

11. This parking lot seems rather small in comparison to the amount of people living here.

10. Has toilet paper always been this expensive?

9. The amount of stuff I brought is excessive. I don’t need all of this.

8. Wait, where's my straightener?

7. Why do I have to live on the third floor? That’s a workout plan I didn’t sign up for.

6. Wow, no one is telling me to make my bed anymore.

5. What if someone asks me where I live? I don't know my new address yet.

4. I am literally carrying a box of sweaters, why is this so heavy?

3. You mean I have to grocery shop? The refrigerator doesn’t stock itself?

2. Mom, would you be willing to come up and clean every once in awhile?

1. This is so much bigger and better than dorm life. Look at this closet. I could ballroom dance in here.

Happy move-in season, y'all! You're finally home.