11 Things That Can Make College Life A Little Sweeter

You never know when luck will strike.

11
Quick Meme

As college students, we all have a bad day at some point. After gathering a few friends, together we came up with a list of things that could brighten your day. So, if your day is not going how you'd thought (or even if it is), just remember there a few possibilities that can happen that'll make life a little sweeter.

1. Getting mail

I’m talking about mail that isn’t that text book you ordered for your class. I’m talking about those random letters and cards from your friends, parents or grandparents. (Make sure your loved ones know that school address.) Having mail when you least expect is one of the best feelings.

2. When everyone on your floor leaves for the weekend

If you’re lucky, It'll happen. Now you have the freedom to sing as loud as you want in the shower. Unless you're an extrovert and wish to have shower singing parties with your neighbors... then I guess you're out of luck. I apologize.

3. When your professor emails you one of the following things:

There’s no textbook needed for class = “That leaves more money to go buy food.”

You have an extension on a test or paper = “Time for more procrastination.”

Extra credit opportunities = “I should probably do the assignment.” (Not yet, though.)

Class is canceled = “Time to sleep.”

4. Free food

Free food is going to present itself and you will partake in the matter.

5. Sending yourself presents

If you love getting mail, why not buy yourself something and send it to your school address? The longer it takes to ship, the more you forget, and when it arrives you’ll be ecstatic.

6. Empty laundry room

There’s nothing better than having the laundry room to yourself.

Bonus: when the lint trap is clean.

Yes, very good job to the human who last did laundry.

7. Dogs

When you see that community member walking their dog around campus you walk straight toward them. Being with a dog is your favorite kind of therapy.

8. Discounts

School discounts are great. You just have to know where they’re at before you spend full price on that meal.

9. Not spending money on a textbook (which means more $$ for food)

Once you have a major, there will be people who have had the class you’re about to take. And if you’re friends, odds are you won’t have to buy it off them. Yay for more food money!

10. Free events

Isn’t it great when there are free events that you actually have interest participating in? Here’s to a fun time with friends while not spending any money!

11. Not spending time to learn your alma mater

Let’s face it, most people never learn their alma mater, and everyone’s totally okay with that. Here’s to those few more minutes spent scrolling on Tumblr instead.

So, there you have it. Stay optimistic, friends!