11 Texts You'll Only Exchange With Your Best Friend

Because we all need someone with no filter.
8242

One of the best things about winter break besides time with the family and Christmas morning is finally having the time to catch up with long-lost friends. Whether it be your hometown crew, your long-distance bestie, or your best friend from school you just didn't see because finals had you posted up in a library cubicle, you can't wait for the moment when you can gush over everything you've recently sent each other via text or group chat.

Between the 2 a.m. "I miss you" texts and the long paragraphs about your current lack of a love life, you have a lot to discuss in person.

But before you sit down with your bestie to dissect the semester, let's recap the kinds of texts you've exchanged. You know, the ones you only send to your best friend and no one else. The kind of texts that show your true personality and display the fact that you have no filter. But it's OK because your best friend loves you anyway. And they'll probably (hopefully!) laugh out loud at this list.

1. The Vague Confession Text

We've all sent this. We texted that boy she told us not to text. We kissed that boy she told us not to kiss. We forgot to mail her a birthday package. We got a little too tipsy on Halloween. Whatever the case, there needed to be a warning -- it was just too much to explain via text. And, let's be honest, a true best friend knows this is something that needs to be addressed via FaceTime call or over coffee.

2. The Screenshot From Your Own Social Media Account

When you're not together 24/7, you miss out on the big life events. You see her tagged in a photo with a boy? You see her tagged in a photo with the girl in your sorority you weren't friends with before? You demand answers. As a best friend, you're privy to this information, after all.

3. The Advice Text

Because sometimes you need a therapist -- one you can contact at all hours of the day and night.

4. The "Stalker" Text

Because other times you need a private investigator.

5. The Gossip Text

You saw something on social media that needed immediate attention. Your mutual distaste for someone had to be addressed. The bridesmaid dresses in your ex-sorority sister's wedding needed to be commented on. It just had to be done.

6. The Love Life Update Text

When it comes to your romantic relationships, your best friend is always the first to be informed of any new developments -- probably while you're still on the date.

7. The "We Hate Boys" Text

And when that boy you fell hard for decides to make five other girls fall equally as hard at the same time, your best friend is always there with a killer solution. Figuratively, of course.

8. The "Haven't Heard From You Recently" Text

When you talk to someone daily, not receiving a text from them is alarming. Naturally, you overreact; it's the best-friend thing to do.

9. The Urgent Text

When you have breaking news that needs an introduction -- and is usually not as urgent as it seems. When something is actually wrong, we can assure you we will call, not text you the alarm emojis.

10. The "What Happened Last Night" Text

Some nights are meant to be forgotten; others are meant to be rehashed in the morning.

11. The Instagram #TBT Text

Thou shalt never steal a best friend's Instagram. I don't make the rules -- that's just how it goes.