11 Signs You're Forever Doomed To Look Like A Child

2. When you're at the supermarket and the cashier asks where your mom is.

13106
vijesti.me

If you're like me, you have a babyface. You're constantly being treated like you're the youngest of your friends and coworkers and you're quite sick of it. People stare at you as if you're something unordinary and you find yourself being annoyed with their comments rather than flattered. Here are 11 things that us babyfaces go through on a day-to-day basis.

1. People do a double- take when you're driving

Every single time that I'm driving, someone in their car looks over to me and then looks again because it looks like a 14 year- old is driving a white Volkswagen. Move along. It's just your average driver, who has their license and can drive without a parent in the car.

This happened while I was getting groceries with my mom. I started loading onto the belt because she had forgotten something. You would think it was so rude to ask that question, but I guess it isn't when you think someone is 15 instead of 19. Oh well.

3. You'll be confused with graduating eighth grade and not high school or college

This actually happened to me last summer. I said I was graduating and the person proceeded to say "Oh you're graduating eighth grade?" I, along with said person, was very embarrassed and instead of apologizing, started laughing.

4. People will be surprised when they learn your actual age.

"You're how old?" or when you tell them they say "No, you're not" like you're lying about your age. Sometimes you might have to whip out some I.D. to show them. Just a day or two ago, when I told someone that I wasn't 16, but 19 and they did the face- the one where their eyebrows go up and their mouth drops. Yep, that happened three times in one day- three times!

5. People will coo when you try to act tough.

You jokingly threat one of your friends and they go on to say "Aww you're so cute" and then you actually get annoyed and they still don't take you seriously. In summary, you're never taken seriously when you have a "cute" baby face.

6. Along with your baby face, you're probably rather short, too.

Not only do you have a baby face, but you're also 5'1" and all your friends are at least 5 inches taller than you so you have to be in the front for all the group shots and it looks like a 16-year-old is hanging out with college kids.

7. People confuse your younger siblings as being the older ones.

.

It doesn't help if they are taller and look older as well. "He/She's the oldest right?" "Oh, you're the oldest? Wow he/she looks so much older". I know that he/she looks older and I've been dealing with it since he/she was born. What is the big deal?

8. You have to put on A LOT of makeup to look somewhat close to your age.

You've learned to ace your makeup look every time because instead of looking 15, you actually look your age when you put on makeup.

9. People will call you "little one" or other cutesy names.

As adorable as "cutie" or "munchkin" or "peanut" are as nicknames, you do not want to be called that if you're in your late teens/early twenties by your co-workers, friends, or even your family.

10. People just assume you're not of age to drink so they give you a non-alcoholic beverage.

Once you turn 21, you're going to have to carry around and have your I.D. at the ready since no one believes you're at the legal age to drink.

11. EVERYONE keeps saying "You'll be thankful for this when you're older."

I do understand that I will appreciate it eventually. But right now, all I'm getting is disrespect, questionable looks, and rude and up-front questions. I'll appreciate and laugh about how naive I was when I get there.