11 Reasons Why It's The Best To Be The Youngest

So many perks of being the baby in the family.

106
Analisa M.

As the youngest child and also the only girl in my family, I think it's safe to say I fell into the best place among my siblings. Many siblings might see being the youngest as a curse, but after growing up as the "little sibling" I definitely see it as a blessing.

1. You can learn from your siblings mistakes.

Not to say us little siblings won't make our own mistakes, but it certainly helps watching someone else go through things like high school and applying to college before you.

2. Your parents usually take your side.

Whenever I was in a fight with my older brothers, it was without a doubt always their fault. My parents felt bad for me because I was smaller than them, so I almost never got in trouble. Plus I was darn cute, so that helped.

3. You're probably the favorite.

Not to mention as the youngest you'll probably be around your parents the most, which simply gives them time to love you the most.

4. No hand-me-downs.

Lucky for me I always got to buy new clothes for myself because I was the only girl in the family. My poor middle brother had to go through a childhood of wearing our oldest brother's old clothes.

5. Anything your parents did for your older siblings, they also had to do for you.

In order to be fair to all their children, any perks the older siblings got also were applied to you as the youngest. If you're older sibling got a car for their 16th, so did you. If their curfew in high school was midnight, so was yours.

6. TBH, your parents got kind of lazy by the time they got to you.

By the time you were in high school your parents were probably tired of dealing with children and became much more lenient. Therefore you reaped the benefits of getting away with things your older siblings never would have.

7. You were probably the most spoiled of your siblings.

Your parents probably accumulate more wealth as they get older and after all, it's your parents last chance to spoil someone for a while...

8. If you wanted to go to the same college as one of your siblings you had the benefit of being a legacy.

As it turned out, I didn't end up at the same college as either of my siblings (because I'm #myownperson) but had I wanted to, it probably would've helped that my sibs went there.

9. You probably got things earlier than your siblings did.

For example, my older brothers got cell phones in high school and I got one in sixth grade!

10. You're older bros will always be there to protect you.

This one might seem more like a burden sometimes, but at the end of the day it's good to know you'll always have someone there to fight for you.

11. You'll always have your older siblings to give you advice about life.

They're older, wiser, and would love nothing more than to give their little sib some advice.