Why Working Out At Home Is Better Than Having  Gym Membership
Fitness

11 Reasons Why I Will Never Buy A Gym Membership Again

I have a membership that I don't have to pay for.

99
Madison Hilliard

It's $20 a month. You don't like going when it's crowded. You always find an excuse not to go. It's the gym. And I love to workout, but I don't like the gym. This past month I spent some money on some bands, free-weights, and a kettlebell. I didn't spend more than $100 on all of the items combined, and I am using them more than I ever used the gym.

These are 11 reasons why I'll never go back to a traditional gym.

1. You will never have an excuse to skip a workout.

I don't have to calculate how long it will take me to get to and from the gym, plus how long it will take me to shower and change. The weights are in my room so I can do as little or as much as I need whenever I have free time.

2. It's just as beneficial as a regular gym.

If you aren't a professional bodybuilder and you are just looking to lose some weight or tone up, then you mini at-home gym will work just as well as a gym. Need some cardio? Go for a run or do some HIIT workout on Youtube. Need to get a lift in? Use your bands or weights. Want to do yoga? Follow along with a yoga workout online.

3. You will save SO much money.

Gym memberships run for about $20-plus per month and yearly annual fees of around 50$+ and you tend not to use them enough to get your money's worth. You can buy three sets of weights, bands, a kettlebell, or anything else you might want for under $100 and do the same workouts you do at the gym.

4. It is easier to making working out a habit.

Working out for just 30 minutes a day can do your body wonders! If you need to go to the gym for a 30-minute workout it seems kind of like a waste to drive to the gym for such a short workout. If the weights are in your room, you'll be more likely to just pick them up a get a quick workout in.

5. And now that it is a habit, it fits into your schedule seamlessly.

The gym is in your house. You can use it literally whenever you want!

6. You will think more about your workouts & learn what works best for your body.

I use to be one of those people that did all of the same exercises as everyone else. Squats, bicep curls, pushups, etc. I still do those things, but I also have ventured out and found different workouts I can do with bands or body weight that work me just as hard, if not better. When you have less to work with you will have to really think about your workouts. I have learned so much about my body and what helps me lose weight best now that I skip the gym.

7. It is more comfortable for those of us who don't like working out around others.

There is no need to be shy! Workout with your shirt off, grunt, or do whatever makes you most comfortable. You are in the comfort of your home so you don't have to be worried about being judged, interrupted, or watched during your workout.

8. Getting workout items is super easy!

I bought my items from TJ Maxx and Amazon. You can easily do the same or go to stores such as Walmart, Academy, Dicks Sporting Goods, Target, and so on to build your mini gym.

9. You can take your workout on the go.

I love taking my weights and bands into my yard or on the go with me! You can workout outside on a beautiful day or on the beach while you're on vacation to get in a workout with a view you enjoy. Maybe you'll even make it up to watch the sunrise!

10. You can binge-watch your favorite show while getting fit!

Turn on your TV and get working out while you watch your favorite shows. Binge-watching your favorite shows can't get healthier than that!

11. Exercise is exercise, no matter where you do it.

At the end of the day, working out is good for you and should be an important part of your life. Why not make it apart of your home life?