Jingle dancers have tons of personality and tons of energy to match that. As a jingle dancer, I can completely confirm. We're passionate about what we do, and the work we put into it is just part of the fun!
If you aren't sure what jingle dancing is, here's a video of my idol Acosia Red Elk jingle dancing! Basically, it's a Native American dance for women that requires a dancer to wear a heavy dress with lots and lots of metal cones all over it. These cones, when the dancer jumps, shake into each other to make a rain-like sound. A jingle dancer must always stay on her toes when she dances, which strengthens calf muscles.
Did I really just say "strengthens calf muscles"? Yep. You read that right. Jumping around on your toes all day means that you've got some strong legs and a lot of stamina.
Okay, okay, so all that aside, jingle dancers can be amazing people (if you find the right ones!). If you're wondering why I would suggest that you date a jingle dancer, look no further. Here are the reasons why jingle dancers are seriously the best girlfriends ever.
1. They have loads of sass.Giphy
2. They're the good kind of competitive.Giphy
Competition isn't everything, but it can make a relationship fun! As long as you're not overly competitive.
3. They'll always be the life of the party.Giphy
4. They're dedicated to what (and who) they love.Giphy
Going an entire year between dances is really tough on me. I miss it constantly and can hardly wait for my next pow-wow!
5. They work really hard on their makeup.Giphy
6. But, at the same time, they know how to chill.Giphy
After a long day of dancing, I'm hot, I'm sweaty, and I'm tired. Trust me when I say that sweatpants look like a big trophy after a pow-wow.
7. They're the best dancers you'll ever know.Giphy
8. If nothing else, their calves are strong as HECK!Giphy
Ever met a jingle dancer with small leg muscles? No? Me either. They don't exist.
9. They love to travel...to pow-wows of course!Giphy
10. They've got lots of energy.Giphy
I mean, sometimes we go 5 songs without getting a break.
11. Most importantly, they love and defend their heritage fiercely.Giphy
As in any group of women, there are always the ones who don't particularly follow these descriptions. Some jingle dancers aren't as nice as others. Some aren't as athletic as others. The ones who do match the qualities listed are the ones worth giving your time to because it's certain that it won't be a waste of time!