December Babies Know What's Up

8 Highs And Lows Of Holiday Birthdays

There's always ups and downs to the holiday season, now add in a birthday

108
8 Highs And Lows Of Holiday Birthdays
https://www.pexels.com/photo/adult-beautiful-christmas-cold-293029/

I love my birthday. It's December 29 and those 6 days spanning Christmas to New Year's is my favorite time of the year. Especially now that I'm over 21 *wink wink*. And while there are positives to holiday-time birthdays, I feel like there are also some problems. Let's discuss.

1. Presents versus Money 

Look I want presents, but I also don't want to cost my friends and family extra money for Christmas and birthday presents. And while I've worked out a few solutions, it's still awkward to tell people I won't be mad if they're on a budget.

2. Good Times After Good Times

My birth date means I have a fun-filled week! Holiday time is full of good times, good people and I get to enjoy double that due to my birthday being so close to Christmas.

3. Combining With Christmas

Don't do it. Everyone else gets a day all about them, I deserve the same. Just because my birthday is around Christmas does not mean I have to do some combining of the two celebrations.

4. Time For Everyone 

Blackish Family GIF by HULU - Find & Share on GIPHYGiphy

Can't see someone you love on Christmas? See them on your birthday! Or vice-versa depending on the dates. But still, there's always a chance to spend time with everyone you want to.

5. Guaranteed Wish-List

As long it's reasonable, I'm basically guarenteed everything on my holiday wish-list. I just have to figure out which day I'm going to get everything!

6. Better Luck Next Year

If I don't want it in December, I don't get it. There are no presents for me at any other time of year so I have to save everything for December and hope I remembered everything.

7. Always The Social Butterfly

Christmas parties, birthday parties, New Year's parties, family get-to-together, there's always something to do! December birthdays get all the social time in the world to party in the snow.

8. Home For The Holidays

Since it is Christmas time, sometimes friends go away to visit family which means no slumber party for your birthday. It's a tough time to not spend your day with the ones you want to, but they'll make it up to you. Or at least mine always do!