10 Quotes To Bring With You Into 2017

10 Quotes To Bring With You Into 2017

If you're looking for some inspiration to make 2017 the best year yet, look no further.

201
10 Quotes To Bring With You Into 2017

I am such a nerd for inspirational quotes. When I was in high school, my grandmother gave me a notebook with about 15 of her favorite quotes in it. She told me that looking for positive quotations always would give her a new perspective on whatever it was that she was struggling with at the time. I have kept this going and have now filled multiple journals with my favorite quotes that I find on Pinterest, in songs or books, or just about anywhere. Here are 10 of my favorites!

"Despite how open, peaceful, and loving you attempt to be, people can only meet you, as deeply as they've met themselves. This is the heart of clarity."

-Matt Kahn

This quote really speaks to me because I think we rely too heavy on the opinion of others. If we think that somebody does not like us, we immediately assume that there must be something wrong with us when in reality, the opposite could be true.

"There are only flowers for those who want to see them."

-Henri Matisse

I'm a firm believer that if you seek positive energy, you will reap positive energy. If you are constantly looking for something to complain about, you are always going to see the negative side of life. That's why looking for these positive quotes has become somewhat of a ritual for me to keep a positive perspective. In 2017, I will seek positive energy.

"All you need is a great friend and a full tank of gas."

-Unknown

All too often, we forget how simple it is to truly have fun. In an age where we go to events simply for the Instagram, we forget that sometimes all it takes is good company and a great adventure. In 2017, I will cherish the simple things in life.

"The most dangerous phrase in the English language is 'we've always done it that way.'"

-Unknown

We are constantly changing. In fact, the only constant in life is change. If you shut down ideas simply because they are new or different, you will never better yourself and quite frankly, I can't think of anything scarier. In 2017, I will embrace change.

"Eat like you love yourself, move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like you love yourself."

-Tara Stiles

If you live like you love yourself, you will see so much positive change. When you love someone, you encourage them to be healthy, to have confidence and be happy. So if this is true for somebody else that you love, shouldn't it be true for yourself too? In 2017 I will love myself.

"Give a damn.

Many damns.

More damns than anyone."

-Unknown

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people act as if having no opinions is "cool". As if somehow not caring about anything makes you superior. This is not at all the case. I would much rather talk to somebody with strong opinions that disagree with my own than talk to somebody with no opinions at all. In 2017 I will give as many damns as possible!

"None of us are getting out of here alive anyway, so please stop treating yourself like an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you're carrying in your heart like a hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There's no time for anything else."

-Unknown

We rush through life so much that sometimes I think we forget to actually live. We don't take the opportunity to do something because we believe that we will have that same opportunity again when this might not actually be the case. In 2017, I will grab as many opportunities as possible and live as much as I can.

"You're priorities are your character."

-Unknown

This one really started to resonate with me once I started college. As a full-time student with a job and an internship, organizing your priorities is imperative. You have to be mindful of what you are making time for and what you are not. In 2017, I will create priorities that reflect who I strive to be.

"Educate yourself. When a question about a certain topic pops up, Google it. Watch movies and documentaries. When something sparks your interest, read about it. Read read read. Study, learn, stimulate your brain. Don't just rely on the school system, educated that beautiful mind of yours. "

-Unknown

Many people believe everything they see. Whether it be on Twitter, Facebook or just because somebody said it, they don't do their own research anymore. Now more than ever, it is important to do research and educate yourself about what is going on in the world. I think it is also important to instill a love for learning in yourself by researching topics that interest you. There is so much out there to learn that is just waiting for you. In 2017, I will learn as much as possible.

"For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction."

-Cynthia Occelli

It is important to remember that sometimes when you are going through a great transformation it doesn't look or feel pretty. I love this quote because it really puts this in perspective. For great change to happen, you may have to come completely undone but the end result will be beautiful. In 2017, I will welcome growth.

Next year will be exactly what you make of it. So, always be on the lookout for the positive things in life and see how your perspective changes. Make 2017 your best year yet.