Everyone waits for that time of the year when we receive our refund checks, because let's face it- we're all a little broke.
But sometimes, those checks are a liiiiiitle bit bigger than we were expecting them to be.
Here are the 11 phases we've all gone through when receiving these unexpected refund checks.
1. You Suddenly Feel Powerful and In Charge
Is this what the rich feel like?!?!
2. Logging Onto Your Bank Account Is No Longer an Empty Feeling
You don't quietly sob anymore when you check your balance.
3. You've pictured yourself rolling in dollar bills
4. That First Day Rolling Up to the Bank to Withdraw Your Money
5. Now You Can Afford All Those Snacks You Don't Need
10 boxes of those Pop-Tarts you love? Sure, why not?!
6. Then You Remember You Owe Your Friends for All the Times They Spotted You
This time, drinks are on you.
7. The Mall Is No Longer a Place of Sadness
Because you can actually afford to splurge on those new items you've been eyeing.
8. ...And of Course, the Hundreds of Other Things You Don't Need As Well
9. Then That Guilty Feeling Creeps Up as the Balance In Your Account Starts to Quickly Dwindle
You start to wonder, "gee, where is all my money going?"
10. But You Can Justify Buying Just One More Thing
11. ...Until It's All Gone and You're Waiting Around for Next Year's Refund Check
But don't worry, you'll spend that one too