11 Movies To Pick You Up When You’re Feeling Down

You can always rely on your favorite movie to put a smile on your face.

243
http://proprofs-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/

Sometimes you just need a good pick me up, and what better pick me up than your favorite movie? Here are some movies (albeit girly movies) that are guaranteed to make you smile every time.

1. "The Princess Diaries." Everyone loves a good Anne Hathaway movie, so why not go for the OG Anne? Watching Mia’s awkward struggle to become a princess will make you both cringe and giggle at the same time.
  2. "The Wedding Singer." Adam Sandler is the classic comedian, and this movie has it all, heartbreak, comedy, and even some romance. Plus it has an amazing 80s soundtrack and Drew Barrymore starring opposite Adam Sandler!
  3. "Father of the Bride." Steve Martin and Diane Keaton are #parentgoals. Although watching them at their daughter’s wedding may make you tear up a little, you can’t help but laugh at the wild lengths they go to in order to make her wedding day perfect.
  4. "Clueless." Cher Horowitz is the OG fashionista; couldn’t you just die at her wardrobe? However, this movie is about more than looking pretty, its about self-improvement and self-love too.
  5. "Bridesmaids." Raunchy as it may be, this movie will have you laughing from the very first scene. Maya Rudolph, Kristen Wiig, and Melissa McCarthy make an all-star cast. Plus this movie shows that no matter what, your best friend will always have your back.
  6. "When Harry Met Sally." It may not seem like this movie will have a happy ending but, in the end Harry and Sally do live happily ever after and it shows that yes, men and women can be best friends—but they can also fall in love.
  7. "Now and Then." This is the ultimate story of friendship and it shows that no matter how much time has passed and what these women went through, true friendship will always prevail.
  8. "50 First Dates." Basically anything with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler is guaranteed to leave you feeling happier, and who doesn’t love a good rom-com?
  9. "13 Going on 30." Growing up is tough, and sometimes adults don’t make the best choices, but Jennifer Garner shows us that you can turn it all around and still get the happy ending.
  10. "Legally Blonde."Girl power, am I right? Reese Witherspoon shows all girls that no matter who puts you down, if you put your mind too it, you can accomplish anything.
  11. "Crossroads." Britney Spears acting? Yes please! (She’s actually pretty good.) And again, this is a story of true friendship prevailing no matter how much time has passed. And there’s nothing like a good road trip to bring old friends back together again.

Everyone needs a laugh or a smile now and then, and OK, so I’ll admit, most of these movies are chick-flicks. But let’s be honest, chick-flicks are always good for a pick-me-up. So login to your Netflix (a lot of these movies are on there), curl up in your comfiest clothes, and be prepared to smile.