11 Life Quotes From "How I Met Your Mother"

Legen.......DARY

482
denofgeek.us

"How I Met Your Mother" is one of the most popular sitcoms that has ever aired on television. While it mirrors a lot of the same topics and ideas from another popular sitcom, "Friends" I have found that HIMYM has a lot more life lessons built into it (I mean, the show is all about how Ted meets the mother of his children, of course there are a ton of life lessons). I decided to feature a few in this week's article to help everyone remember that life is just a never ending cycle of learning lessons.

1. "Because sometimes even if you know how something's gonna end that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the ride."

2. "That’s life, you know, we never end up where you thought you wanted to be."

3. "We’re going to get older whether we like it or not, so the only question is whether we get on with our lives, or desperately cling to the past."

4. "There are a lot of little reasons why the big things in our lives happen."

5. "Look, you can’t design your life like a building. It doesn’t work that way. You just have to live it… and it’ll design itself."

6. "I realized that I’m searching, searching for what I really want in life. And you know what? I have absolutely no idea what that is."

7. "A word of advice: play along. The more you fight it, the worse it’s gonna get. It’s like when your car slides on ice, you steer into the skid."

8. "You can’t just skip ahead to where you think your life should be."

9. "Sometimes hours can feel like minutes, and sometimes a single second can last a lifetime."

10. "When you have Chemistry, you just need one other thing. Timing. But timings a bitch."

11. "And when you love someone you just, you…you don’t stop, ever. Even when people roll their eyes, and call you crazy. Even then. Especially then. You just– you don’t give up. Because if I could just give up…if I could just, you know, take the whole world’s advice and– and move on and find someone else, that wouldn’t be love. That would be… that would be some other disposable thing that is not worth fighting for."