11 Meaningful Gifts Guys Wish They'd Received For Christmas

Some guys just wish there were other things that they received under the mistletoe but didn't get.

97
Unsplash

Christmas has come and gone, the gifts have been opened, the celebration and cheer have spread around, and there's plenty of joy regarding this time of year. New Year's has come too, and that too is another time for celebration and enjoyment. For some guys, though, they ring it in differently, whether it's by enjoying family time, alone time, being with friends, going on vacation, or enjoying college football bowl season. And while they're happy with what they received, some guys just wish there were other things that they received under the mistletoe but didn't get.

1. The late family member

Not all guys have the blessing to be with family during the holiday season. Perhaps he lost a parent or a sibling or relative whom he always had a great time with, and he can no longer experience that joy because that family member isn't there to share the moment.

2. A significant other

There are a number of guys who are single during the holiday season, whether it was by choice or if they just weren't successful in their attempt to woo a beautiful woman. For those who actually tried but fail, they wish they had one because they notice those around them happily enjoying the time with their significant other. This guy doesn't want to be jealous of his friends any longer so he tries to get one for himself and to avoid the shame he puts on himself from his friends having girlfriends.

3. A sexy body

The holidays are a time for enjoying food, for sure, but some of the guys have a hard time keeping it off. He wants to so bad, since he knows what it means for him to feel and look confident in himself.

4. Better grades

Not every guy has a 4.0 GPA, but for some guys, they kick themselves for not doing better even if they still did great. They strive for a top-notch grade and to be at the top, and this is one of the ways they do it.

5. Hangout time with friends

Family is always great to spend time with during the holidays, but every guy wants to be able to see friends during the holidays too.

6. Unlimited confidence

(Refer to 2.) As we know, confidence is something that you typically "have" or "don't have" although it can be built up / replenished. Some guys enter the holiday season without confidence for various reasons. Perhaps they've felt shamed for things they did at school, they performed less then ideal in academics, or they don't feel comfortable confiding in family any longer, but whatever the struggle is, it eats away at the guy's confidence. He wants to be confident just like every girl likes a guy to be. He wishes he didn't have to second-guess or be forced to rethink especially big decisions he wants to make. He wishes that he wasn't listening to all these different voices in his head telling him multiple different things.

7. Conflict-free life

Guys grow tired of constantly having fight scenes in their head (especially regarding people they go to school with), and it affects them emotionally and socially. In their minds, there is conflict regarding their male friends, or the conflict is about girls/dating. They're afraid to open up about it too because they're afraid of receiving shame about their struggles. They just want to be able to feel free to open up without that shame.

8. The ability to love AND protect people the right way

Guys are supposedly supposed to be 'protectors' based on societal gender roles, but from time to time, when some guys offer to be protective, they get shut down for a reason that they will never fully understand. They then start to feel like they can never truly love people because of it. They feel unappreciated, and then feel like they shouldn't care even though their instinct is to care.

9. Chivalry handbook

(Refer to 8.) Guys are already extremely critical of themselves for their behavior just like girls are. They will question themselves on how well they treat the ladies in their life, and when they don't treat them as well as they would like, or they feel like they're being deprived of the opportunity to treat the women in their lives right, they get angry at themselves for not being better. They want to truly know AND understand what women like in regards to being a gentleman/being chivalrous/treating women right, but they are confused since they don't fully know or understand.

10. The ability to keep going

No guy ever wants to crumble, fold, or give up.

11. God

Guys struggle with being able to trust in where their lives are headed, and they don't know where to turn. They struggle with that faith, addiction, or whatever it may be, but they just want to find a way to confide comfortably in spite of all their struggles, and God is the one who does that.