11 Starbucks Drinks You Can Make Even Better With A Simple Customization

Spice up your drink in a simple way!

2035

Everyone knows that Starbucks is one of the biggest coffee shops in the United States.

I have the privilege of working for the company! We have fun, we stand by our motto and values, and we get creative. On the days where all of the drains are scrubbed, the espresso machines are filled, and the Pike is brewing, we have time to quickly make ourselves a drink (to take-off of the floor of course) before continuing on with our shift.

Between being a long-time Starbucks customer and now being employed with a super awesome team, I've learned that there are some unique ways to customize drinks. These are so easy to order! If you're like me, you like to try new things.

These 11 drinks are some that you definitely need to try on your next visit:

1. Iced Caramel Macchiato with mocha AND caramel drizzle.

Flickr

Thanks to my cousin, someone who also (used to) work at Starbucks, for this one. All you do is get an iced caramel macchiato, ask for extra caramel drizzle, and light mocha drizzle. It's SO good! Because of the vanilla pumped in at the beginning, the drink almost gets a 'Twix' taste to it.

2. Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with 1 pump of peppermint and pumps of white mocha.

Flickr

My personal favorite. I'm honestly debating on getting one of these as soon as I finish writing this...Hmmm. This one is super delicious, and is really great around the holidays. If you wanted this to be coffee-based, then you could start with a white chocolate mocha Frappuccino and add three pumps of vanilla and one pump of peppermint. Depending on what season it is, you can top it with your favorite topping! I got this one around Christmas a lot, so I was always topping it with the holiday sprinkles from the toasted white mocha drinks.

3. Blueberry Oatmeal Frappuccino

Flickr

I watched someone make this the other day, and honestly, it looked pretty good. She blended a packet of oatmeal, a pack of fresh blueberries, and whole milk together. I'm not sure if she put extra sweetener or syrups besides for the bases, but I'm sure you could!

4. Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte with a shot of espresso.

Personally, I am not a fan of this one, but I've seen a few people order it recently! If you're a big matcha person who is looking for that coffee fix, it is definitely worth a try. Also, if you haven't had soy milk as the milk in your latte, give it a try! The vanilla flavor makes it so good!

5. Pink Drink with vanilla syrup.

Flickr

If I'm being honest, I was never a fan of the Pink Drinks when they first came out. Now, I love them! I sometimes will add a pump or two of vanilla (depending on the size I get) and it is so good! If you're a fan of pink drinks, definitely give this one a try.

6. Horchata Frappuccino with almond milk.

Bustle

Shout out to my fellow partner for showing me this one, I love it. This actually used to be on the menu, but it isn't anymore. This is a coffee-based Frappuccino, so you can order it by asking for a coffee Frappuccino with almond milk and cinnamon dolce syrup. The pumps of the syrup vary by the size of your drink. Optional is to add whipped cream and caramel drizzle.

Iced White Mocha with two pumps of Irish cream syrup.

Flickr

This is another one of my favorites. As long as your local store still has Irish cream, give this one a try! It makes it super creamy and nice and sweet. Don't forget the whipped cream on top!

8. Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino with white mocha sauce.

Flickr

This one tastes like cookies and cream! The pumps of white mocha depend on the size you get, but it's really good!

9. Iced Chai Latte with soy milk and vanilla syrup.

Flickr

Mmmm. No explanation needed. Add as many pumps of vanilla as you see fit! The soy milk is vanilla as well, so it all just flows together. Just an FYI; Birthday cake pops go PERFECT with this drink!

10. Iced Chai with mocha sauce and whipped cream.

Flickr

For those of you who like more chocolate than vanilla, this one's for you. Just be sure to get fewer pumps, because mocha sauce is thick. I would say one for a tall, two for a grande, and two for a venti. You don't wanna overpower the chai!!

11. Iced Peach White Tea Lemonade with raspberry syrup.

Flickr

This one's pretty self-explanatory, and majorly delicious. If you like green tea better, you can use that! However, I'd suggest cutting out the added sweetener or lowering the amount of pumps because everything else together is super sweet!

BONUS: Puppuccino!!

Flickr

Okay, this one's not for humans, but so many people forget about this! If you bring your dog through the drive-thru, we have puppuccinos! They are just small cups of whipped cream, but why not give your best friend a treat when you get one as well? Plus, we LOVE seeing your dogs!!

Well...I'm about to be on my way to get drink No. 2 off of this list...Toodles!!