11 Series My Family And I Have Shamelessly Finished In An Impressive Amount Of Time

Quarantine made us do it.

26

For the past two quarantined months, my family has had the same nighttime routine. Dinner, chat around the kitchen table and go hide out in the basement and watch our TV series. We've always been more TV show type people and not as much movie people. Although, we love a good comedy every now and then. My dad, Mom, sister, and I have done some series binge watching in the past, and so, you can imagine how much we are thriving now that there is literally nothing else to do. We are thriving so much so that we have watched 11 shows in two months.

Shows like 'Outer Banks', 'All American', 'Sweet Magnolias' and 'Dead to me' have really left us hanging since we watched all Netflix has to offer. Sometimes we do some major overlapping with series to switch it up each night. (Keeping up with multiple storylines - a true talent.) These are the 11 shows we've watched in the order we completed them.

Tiger King

After we watched this, we believe Carole Baskin started COVID19. And that's that.

All American

I'm a sucker for a good drama like this. 'All American' gave me vibes of a 'One Tree Hill' and 'Gossip Girl' mix. Now I'm trying to wait patiently for Netflix to release the third season!

Wonderland

'Wonderland' is an Australian TV show that we found on Amazon Prime. It's about a group of friends living in the same apartment complex that is called Wonderland. It's hilarious and has lots of great romance. 12/10 recommend.

Little Fires Everywhere

Hulu's 'Little Fires Everywhere' is a TV show version of the book by Celest Ng that stars my favorite, Reese Witherspoon. If you watched 'Big Little Lies', you will love this one. It killed us that episodes were only released on Wednesdays. But, the ending of the series gave us a lot of satisfaction in a weird way.

The Morning Show

Another Reese Witherspoon show on Apple TV+ that also stars Jennifer Aniston and Steve Carell. I definitely recommend you get a free one week trial of Apple TV+ and watch this show. We watched it in two nights.

Outer Banks

This has probably been my favorite series that we have watched. My sister and I say that we wish we wouldn't have watched it so we could start over often.

Waco

Before watching 'Waco', I was under a totally different impression of what actually went down. I'm sure some of it happened differently, but this mini series puts it in a different light. Finished in one sitting which isn't bad because it's educational, right?

One Mississippi

I'll be honest. When we decided to watch this series, I wasn't too pumped. But, I was quickly hooked by comedian, Tig Notaro's jokes and quick witted responses. Tig wrote the semi-autobiography about her life after her mother died unexpectedly and was forced to come back to her hometown. I normally am not a fan of dark comedies, but it was definitely worth the watch. ('One Mississippi' can be found on Amazon Prime.)

Dead To Me

Another dark comedy that is worth the watch. Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellni play two people who meet during a grief support group session, and quickly become thick as thieves.. literally. 'Dead to Me' will definitely keep you on your toes, and be prepared to be left on a shocking note especially after all seems okay again.

Sweet Magnolias

*SPOILER ALERT*

Just my mom, sister and I have watched this after my dad goes to bed. We always love a good Hallmark story line and this show does not disappoint. Although, the end of the first season left us on a huge cliff hanger, and the fact that we have to wait who knows how long to figure out who else was in the car with Kyle is really annoying.

Defending Jacob

"Defending Jacob" is based on a book that only my mom has read and knows the ending. It's about a boy in middle school who is accused for the murder of a classmate of his. The entire time you are battling, trying to figure out if he actually did it or not. A new episode is released on Apple TV+ each Friday and we only have one more left that we will definitely be watching this Friday. Hopefully the ending will finally let the truth be known.

What should we binge watch next?