10 Ways To Move On

10 Ways To Move On

Getting past the pain

35
10 Ways To Move On

Everyone has had that one heart wrecking break-up that makes you rethink who you are and about how to love.

About a week ago, one of my closet friends who lives abroad messaged me that she needed to talk. Well, the first thing that came to my mind was something terrible had happened. (My mind always going to the worst case scenario.) She told me that her boyfriend of a couple of years broke her heart by cheating on her and now in a relationship with the other woman.

The first thought in my head was ‘How could he do this to her? She is one of the most beautiful, caring woman I know.’ No one should ever be treat like this.

During our four hour conversation, I told her ten ways to help her move on because everyone should be happy and love themselves. These are ways not just for relationships ending but anything in life from which you need to move on.

1.)EAT JUNK FOOD

As cliché as this statement goes, it is so true.

Everyone whether woman or man there is always one type of food that makes you feel better. That being junk food. I know I always feel better when I sit down with anything made of dark chocolate.

During this time of heartbreak, there are so many emotions that are running throughout your mind that you don’t know up from down, left from right.

Indulging in your favorite allows you to do what makes you happy just for a little bit. You have to put yourself first.

2.)CRY YOUR EYES OUT

Give yourself a good cry or two. Get the emotions out.

Ugly cry. Yell. Do what makes you feel better. This is all about you.

After a few good cries, there is this uplifting feeling once you get all the crying out of your system because that is the very first step to moving on.

3.)WATCH ANY MOVIE, BUT NO ROM COMS

As any woman, I love my Rom Coms like no one else, like watching at least one every week or every other week, but after a heartbreak not so much.

This time period you don’t want to see how the woman falls madly in love with the man because that subconsciously makes you think about your ex and the tears start to fall. Instead, watch an action, horror, or suspense movie to get your mind off of what has happened.

Go pop some popcorn, grab your junk food, a glass of wine, beer, or soda depending on your taste, and press play.

4.)TALK YOUR FEELINGS OUT

We all have our support system either at home or at college that will always have your back.

Go talk to them. They were placed in your life for a reason. They love you no matter what is going on and will listen with open ears. You can’t bottle these emotions in because at some point, always happens, you will burst.

5.)DO YOUR HOBBY

Painting, reading, cooking, shopping, etc.

Do what makes you happy and makes you focus on you.

6.)WRITE ON THE MIRROR

“I’m a beautiful, strong woman. I will get pasted this.”

This quote is about empowerment. When I was going through a rough time, I lived by this because I know that this was only for the time being and will pass.

7.)SMILE

This one might be a hard one to do but so worth it in the end.

Smile at least one ‘true smile’ a day to show the world and yourself that you are moving on. As the days go by, it will become easier and easier to smile and be happy.

I was always told that the best revenge is to be happy. This shows to other person that you are much better without them in your life. I believe in this saying because it means that you are truly putting yourself and happiness first and showing that person that they aren’t important in your life anymore, just a memory in the past.

8.)FOCUS ON YOU

Do what you love. Go to get a message. Get your hair and nails done. Go see a movie all by yourself.

Do activities for the sole purpose to treat yourself.

Everyone now-a-days run around doing everything else for other people but forgetting about themselves. I do this too so you aren’t alone, but what I have realized is that I lost myself along the way. During which I was unhappy, almost depressed because I lost sight of me. Throughout relationships and friendships, this can happen. I have seen it with a couple of my friends but once they got away from those relationships they realized what had happened.

The only way to find happiness and love is to look within because the only way is to love yourself.

9.)GET AWAY

Go on a vacation. Doesn’t have to be a trip around the world or anything huge like that, but to a place that brings you happiness and peace.

It could be a day trip to the beach or lake depending where you live. Go to your favorite spot in town. Go anywhere your heart desires.

Just start driving and see where you go.

10.)LOVE YOURSELF

Last but definitely not least is to love who you are.

There are seven billion people on Earth but only one you.

Throughout the previous numbers, they all add up to this one because in the end you have you to rely on and to love. This might be a tough time to do this, but it’s also the perfect time.

Love who you are: past because without that you wouldn’t be where or who you are today, present because of who you surround yourself with and love, and future to wait to see who will ultimately be your life partner and the person you will become.

There are going to be good and bad days during this time but remember everything happens for a reason. You might not see it now, but in the future you will look back and see the person you became afterwards. Keep on pushing until the very end because once the sun sets and rises its a whole new day and a new you.