10 Ways To Stay Entertained At The Airport

There are so many things to keep yourself occupied at the airport, all you have to have is some imagination!
106

If you’ve ever been stuck in an airport before because of a layover or because your flight has been delayed, then you know that sometimes it can be very boring. You might think that there isn’t much to do, but if you have enough ingenuity, there can be a whole world of things to do while stuck at the airport.

1)Get Food

You’re definitely gonna get hungry if you have to wait in an airport for an extended period of time so you might as well explore and find a good place to eat. There are always a bunch of fast food places to go to in an airport, but don’t stop for those, go and explore and find one of those homely, sit-down restaurants that are around. Maybe the diner will even have a jukebox.

2)Do Work

Unless you’re traveling for the summer and have literally nothing to do, there’s probably a chance that you have some work to catch up on. Whether you’re a full time student or someone going on a business trip, take out a little bit of work and get that done so that you can be less stressed later on while at your actual destination.

3)People Watch

There are always tons of people with you at the airport. Some may be in the same situation that you are, and some might be rushing to make it to their gate on time to get to their destination. Something that is pretty much always fun in any situation is people watching. You can just observe or you can make up a scenario of what you think that person might be doing and where they might be headed.

4)Play a Game

There are so many games that you can play in the airport waiting for your flight. Maybe you are with some kids, you can play “I Spy”, you can play games on your mobile device, or you can make up a new game to play to pass the time.

5)Read/Color

Personally, I love a good book and love when I have the time to read. This is such a great opportunity to read. Hopefully you brought a good book with you, if not there is usually a store that sells books that you can pick one up at and the next thing you know, the time has passed and you’re boarding the plane. You spent all those hours in another world and now you’re reading to go on your own adventure.

6)Shop

You can shop at any one of the numerous stores that they have in an airport, you can fund just about anything that you need from clothes to toiletries to souvenirs from yourself or some friends. You can also shop online so that you have a nice little present waiting for you whenever you get home from our adventure.

7)Sleep

There’s a pretty good chance that in order to get yourself to the airport in a timely manner, you had to lose some sleep at some point during your day. What better way to catch up on all that lost sleep than to sleep in the airport while waiting for that flight that will eventually bring you to your intended destination?

8)Watch a Movie

Another great way to pass the time is to watch a movie or two. Maybe you have a 4 or 5 hour layover, that’s enough time for you to watch one or two movies on Netflix. By the time one of two movies have been watched, hours have passed and then the next thing you know, it’s time to be on your way.

9)Listen to Music

Music is a great way to pass the time in any situation; that includes sitting in the airport. Put on your favorite playlist and just jam out in the airport. It’ll be a good way to relax and have fun.

10)Practice

If you happen to be traveling for a sport you can always practice during your layover or delay. You can condition and have fun playing on the moving walkways. As a gymnast I can say that doing handstands and playing around on the moving walkways is a great time, especially if you are with your team and you are all having fun doing it. There are so many ways to incorporate your sport in a safe way at the airport and it is so much fun!