10 Ways 2017 Was The Best and Worst Year

2017 somehow managed to be one of the best and worst years ever.

96
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/29/636501794306345131-2108959530_2017.jpeg

2017 was rough to say the least. It had it's ups, it had its downs and now it's the end of the year and it's time to look back on the crazy ride 2017 has been. Here are 10 things we will all look back on to characterize 2017.

1. Trump became president.

Now don’t get me wrong, there are tons of people who would say this was an “up” of 2017 but to any decent human being, Trump winning the election was one of the biggest mistakes Americans have ever made. I mean, the guy doesn’t even believe in global warming. Who are we allowing to run our country right now?

2. MUSIC. MUSIC. MUSIC.

2017 was the year of music. Anyone who knows me can guess the albums I’m about to name. “don’t smile at me” by Billie Eilish, even bring 6 songs long, is one of the best albums I’ve heard in a while. Lana Del Rey’s “Lust for Life” was the soundtrack of my summer, along with Lorde’s “Melodrama.” Mansionz’s self-named album was another album I couldn’t stop listening to in the beginning of the year. Blackbear always make bangers though, his album “digital druglord” has some really good songs like “chateau” and “I miss the old u.”

3. Sophia the robot.

The world’s first robot citizen. You can choose whether this is an up or down. But, to me, it’s just scary how advanced technology has gotten. Sophia is competent enough to go through full interviews without any assistance. They better be careful with all this robot-making, artificial intelligence is clearly being underestimated.

4. Venezuelan crisis.

The economy is a mess. Thousands of protesters have died in hopes of removing the corrupt governing of Nicolas Maduro. They are suffering from severe recession and hyper-inflation. Medicine and food shortages are making it difficult to survive, grocery store shelves are empty making Venezuelans desperate for anything they can get.

5. Stranger Things 2.

This is obviously an up of 2017 but only because it changed my opinion on the show as a whole. Season 1 was weak, I didn’t care for it at all but then I saw season 2 and all I have to say is…. STEVE.

6. Slavery in Libya.

It seems like no one is talking about it but modern-say slavery is happening and it’s bigger than you think. News coverage doesn’t do it justice.

7. Memes.

2017 was the year of memes. What would we do without memes? How would we communicate with one another?

8. Resurgence of the feminist movement.

This year’s Women’s March restored my faith in humanity. The enormous turnout in every state proved that people still care even through the hardships we’ll have to deal with during Trump’s presidency.

9. Cardi B.

2017 gave us Cardi B’s music. Who knew a “Love and Hip Hop” star would actually release some fire after all the claims of “studio time.” Cardi has been at the top of the charts since the release of “Bodak Yellow” and she is not planning on coming down.

10. The Silence Breakers.

Can’t figure out if this was an up or down but at the end of the day, the “me too” movement is strengthening women everywhere and urging them to speak out on their sexual harassment experiences. Many men of great influence lost their jobs over this movement and it is refreshing to see women using their voice against men who do not deserve the glory they receive.