10 Ups And Downs That All College Students Can Understand
College

10 Ups And Downs All College Students Can Understand

Don't let anyone tell you, "Oh you're fine in college, just enjoy it!"

1292
college

We've been dreaming of growing up since we were kids, well we're here, and it's not all it's cracked up to be.

1. New experiences 

College is exciting when you move to a new town especially, you get the opportunity to meet new people and explore a new city. You’ll make new memories with new people, this aspect is fun and exciting!

2. New experiences can also be scary

A new city, alone. This thought is terrifying, you worry if you’ll make friends or if its going to be scary in the new city.

3. It’s much better than high school

My high school teachers were way harder on me and uptight than my professors. Heck sometimes I can tell my professor really doesn’t want to be there, and I have even had a professor that said, “Sorry I had to cancel class, it was just one of those days I really didn’t feel like coming.”

4. Stress

I have never been more stressed then I am in college. While it’s better than high school for many reasons, the course load is greater and much more challenging.

5. Living on your own is exciting!

The first time living on your own is exciting! You’re thinking about how you’re going to organize and decorate your room and having study nights with your friends over.

6. The scary of living alone

It can also be terrifying living on your own, with all of the expenses and bills you have to take care of now, it can be overwhelming. Plus, you're alone. Your parents won't be there when you wake up anymore.

7. Hey, at least you can get a dog now!

On the bright side, now you can finally get the pup you had been begging your parents for years! Dogs really help when the course load gets stressful and just need some love.

8. Dogs are also a big responsibility 

Dogs are amazing and I love my pup, but they are a lot of work. You have to walk them every day and if you have them on a high protein diet like mine is, then their food is expensive.

9. Freedom

There’s this newfound freedom you get when you go off to college. You come and go as you please and don’t have to tell someone where you’re going all of the time.

10. You’re away from family

Now you're most likely hours away from your family so now holidays that y'all used to get together, you won't get to go anymore. Sometimes, graduates only think about the freedom but don't ever realize that they're going to miss their family way more than they think.

Have a great semester, Bears!