10 Unique Halloween Costumes For Couples

You and your bae will be the only ones dressed as #7.

460
Flickr.com/Ann

Do you need an idea for you and your significant other for Halloween? Don't want to be dressed up like everyone else or simply just can't think of what to be? Well, here are 10 couples costumes that you might want to consider for you and your significant other! They are super easy, DIY costumes that won't break the bank! (especially good if you're in college).

1. Joyce Byers and the Lights from "Stranger Things"

This would be a very unique and interesting costume because, to me, when I hear "Stranger Things" costume I think of dressing up as 11 and Mike. However, this "Stranger Things" costume takes on a new twist! You can dress up as Joyce Byers, who is the mother of the missing child Will, and the lights that she uses to communicate with him. These are the signature lights that you see on a lot of the movie posters for this show and anyone who has seen the TV show knows what it means and where it is from! All you really need to do is to find similar clothing to their, Goodwill is a good place to look, and some Christmas lights!

2. Whip and Nay Nay

Now you may be thinking "How in the world does one make a costume out of a dance?" Well, you see, it's a play on words. The Whip and Nay Nay are both dances, but one couple got creative with it. Think "Whip" as in cool whip and "Nay Nay" as in a horse (Neigh, Neigh). If you're a couple that likes puns and doesn't want to be serious with your costume, then this is the costume for you! I think I laughed for 20 minutes when I found this costume, but sadly, my boyfriend said no. All you really need with this costume is a brown outfit, horse head, and some cardboard and paint or markers!

3. Peter Pan and his Shadow

I feel like, a lot of the time, when people think of a Peter Pan themed couple costume, they think of them dressing up as Peter Pan and Tinkerbell or Peter Pan and Wendy. However, what about Peter Pan and his shadow? Peter Pan as a whole has become a gender-neutral costume. Both a man or woman can play Peter Pan, so all you need to do is figure out who's going to be the real Peter Pan and who is going to be the shadow, grab a black jumpsuit or spray paint the same green outfit that your partner who is the real Peter Pan chooses to wear.

4. Bob Ross and Happy Little Tree

Not a lot of people would think about this for a costume. You might see a couple of Bob Ross fans that dress up as him for Halloween and carry around a canvas and easel and pretend to paint on it, but I feel like no one ever thinks to dress up as Bob Ross and one of his paintings! All you would need is a Bob Ross wig and an outfit that looks similar to his (again, check Goodwill)! For the painting, all you need is some construction paper to create the leaves and then a cheap brown or orange dress and whatever you want on the bottom!

5. Napoleon Dynamite and Deb

This is a super simple, but also unique outfit. As you can see, the only pieces of the costumes you might have to go to a costume store for are the afro for Napoleon and the "Vote for Pedro," t-shirt. However, all the other outfit pieces would be super easy to obtain through Goodwill or some other kinds of stores like that. You may already even have some of the pieces (for instance the white shoes and the jeans). Unique, simple, and cheap, what could be better?

6. Jim and Pam from "The Office"

I think one of my favorite things to do is find the most unique costume possible. This costume is unique because it's a Halloween costume within a Halloween costume. What I mean is that it is a character from a TV show that dressed up for Halloween. This outfit is simple because the pieces are easily obtainable and there are cheap cat ears that you can find anywhere. Other than that, all you'll need is some white construction paper and a thick black marker or black face paint!

7. Wilson and Chuck Noland from "Cast Away"

Castaway is one of my favorite classic movies and I never thought about this being a great Halloween costume! It's also super simple too. Chuck's character just needs a FedEx box and then a scruffy appearance to signify being stranded on an island. For Wilson, you can wear anything simple underneath, but over what you wear would either be a paper mache with newspaper into a big ball around you and then just paint it white and red! Super simple, cheap, and also unique! (make sure when you make the volleyball that it allows you to sit)!

8. Harry Potter and the Golden Snitch

This is something I don't think a lot of people would think of. When someone says "Harry Potter Themed Costume," do you thin of Harry and the Golden Snitch? No, probably not. Instead of being Harry, or Hermione, or even Ron, try doing this unique idea! For the Harry Potter costume, you could either pick one up at a costume store, or make your own! Just buy a black robe, a red/yellow tie, and then take it from there! For the Golden Snitch, all you need is an all gold outfit and some wings. They can be costume wings or any outfit that you find that has wings on the back! You could even buy a gold jacket with wings as the decal on the back!

9. Pizza and a Pizza Delivery Person

I love pizza, so I love the idea of this costume. It can be used with any group, but it would be really fun as a couples costume! One person would dress up as a slice of pizza and the other would be the delivery guy/girl! this costume is super simple because the delivery person could dress up however they want, as long as they have a pizza box to signify a delivery person. Then, the person who is dressing as the pizza just needs to make a big triangle out of cardboard and paint it however they want, or just buy an already made pizza slice costume!

10. Silent Movie Characters

This is an interesting costume that I found. It would be super simple and would get people thinking to what it really was. Are you ghosts? Old time movie people? No, you're in a silent movie! Silent movies are in black and white, so what you would do would be to paint whatever body part is visible white/grey to look like a grainy TV. Then, you can dress up in whatever black outfit you wish and then just make a sign to signify what you're saying in the "movie."

These are just a few costume ideas that I've been looking at and thought to share with everyone else! Remember, there are infinite possibilities to Halloween costumes because you can be whatever you want to be! If you want more ideas, Google unique Halloween costumes or check Pinterest, because that's where I get all of my ideas! Each costume can also be gender neutral, so even if you don't have a significant other, grab a friend and go out and have fun!