The 10 Most Underrated Disney Movies Ever Made

There's so many mainstream Disney movies, so here are some that are not!

224

Frozen, The Lion King, Aladdin, and many more are some of the most popular Disney movies, but did you know there are currently 56 animated Disney Movies that have been released?

Because there are so many, some have been slid under the rug, when in actuality, they should be some of the most popular movies. This list is obviously going to be biased because everyone has different views on movies, but here are the top 10 most underrated animated Disney movies.

1. Oliver and Company

This is my favorite movie that Disney has made. It has the most TRAGIC beginning where Oliver, an abandoned kitten, is wandering the street of New York City trying to find a family to adopt them, but instead finds himself in a gang of thieving dogs, lead by Billy Joel's character, Dodger. Definitely has some of the best music mainly because it's Billy Joel.

2. Hercules

Another one of my favorites because it has the BEST soundtrack. This is basically the story of the Greek god Heracles but with a few twists. Hercules has to find his way back into Olympus with his true parent, Zeus, with the help of his satyr sidekick, Philoctetes, voiced by Danny DeVito. If you like a good soundtrack and a funny villain, Hercules is the movie for you.

3. Big Hero 6

I have no idea why this movie is underrated because it has one of the best storylines. Hiro, who is an extreme robotics prodigy, and his brother's creation, Baymax who was created solely to help people, have to resolve a mystery revolving around a devastating turn of events.

4. The Fox and the Hound

This is my sister's favorite movie and for good reason. It's Disney's twist on Romeo and Juliet, but instead of a boy and a girl, it's (you guessed it) about a fox and a hound that have become best friends. It's a long movie, but definitely worth the watch.

5. Tarzan

After his parents were killed by a cheetah, Tarzan is taken in by a gorilla and raised by the group. When a British exhibition comes to their jungle, Tarzan's life is changed forever. Also, Terk is probably the best sidekick in the whole Disney Industry. This movie also has a FANTASTIC soundtrack all written by Phil Collins.

6. Treasure Planet

This is a very underrated and most likely unknown Disney movie. Treasure Planet is about a young boy, Jim, who finds a map to the "greatest pirate trove in the universe." This movie is all about a cabin boy's journey to the treasure aboard a ship full of interesting characters.

7. Brother Bear

This movie is about a boy, Kenai, that is in a Native American tribe that is magically transformed into a bear after angrily killing the bear that killed his brother. After his other brother, Denahi, hears about this, he vows to kill the bear that happens to be Kenai.

Kenai then has to journey to a magical mountain that will change him back, but brings his new friend Koda to help him get there.

8. Atlantis: The Lost Empire

This is Disney's first science fiction animated movie that came out in 2001. This one is hard to describe so here is how the Disney Company explains it: "An inexperienced young adventurer becomes the key to unraveling an ancient mystery when he joins up with a group of daredevil explorers to find the legendary lost empire of Atlantis.

A naive-but-determined museum cartographer Milo Thatch (Michael J. Fox), dreams of completing the quest begun by his late grandfather, a famous explorer. When a journal surfaces, an eccentric billionaire funds an expedition and the action shifts to high gear."

9. The Aristocats

After three kittens and their mom, Duchess, get abandoned in the countryside, they meet Thomas O'Malley, an alley cat who agrees to help the family find their way back to their home in Paris. Very good movie 11/10 recommend, especially if you're a cat person.

10. The Rescuers

This movie is beyond underrated. It features two mice who work under the United Nations in the Rescue Aid Society. After finding out an orphan named Penny was abducted by Madam Medusa who is seeking a precious diamond that Penny has, the two set out to bring her home without meeting some helpful friends along the way.