Top 10 Underrated Disney Films

Top 10 Underrated Disney Animated Films

I was watching these while you were still focused on Frozen.

2

1. Oliver and Company

My personal favorite Disney film, Oliver and Company is a literal twist on Oliver Twist. Great music, a compelling story, and a cute orange kitten make this number one on my list.

2. The Emperor's New Groove

This film was never big enough for it's on attraction at a Disney park, but it does have a pretty big following. The comedy in this movie is so great, and it deserves a lot more credit than it gets.

3. Big Hero 6

A big hit when it first came out, Big Hero 6 is rarely talked about today. It's one of the saddest stories, but also one of the most heartwarming. It's also interesting to watch a bunch of scientists band together with an inflatable robot who just wants to help people.

4. Brother Bear

Brother Bear is one of the most touching stories to ever come from Disney. Focusing on Kenai and his two brothers, Kenai is turned into a bear after he kills the one that he feels is responsible for his brother's death. Kenai must find a way to become human again, and on his adventure to self-discovery, he meets a bear cub named Koda who shows him a different side of himself. Brother Bear also has some of the best and most interesting music in a Disney film.

5. The Fox and The Hound

Everyone remembers The Fox and The Hound, but it still doesn't get as much recognition as it deserves. It also has one of the saddest moments in any Disney film.

6. Atlantis

Atlantis is a cult classic. Disney had more plans for Atlantis, including an attraction for one of the parks, but when it didn't do as well as planned in the box office, those plans were canceled. Now it only has one mention in Walt Disney World; some Atlantean writing on a sign.

7. Fantasia 2000

A little better known than the original Fantasia, Fantasia 2000 is also a set of animated segments set to classical music. Like it's predecessor, this film includes The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

8. The Three Caballeros 

Following Donald Duck and his two bandmates, José and Panchito, The Three Caballeros is made up of seven segments. The Cold-Blooded Penguin, Las Posadas, and Bahía are some of my favorites. This movie seems like it lasts for 7 hours, but if you have the time, it's worth the watch. One nod to this film in Walt Disney World is in the Mexican Pavilion in Epcot, where you can see the Three Caballeros perform.

9. Fantasia 

The third animated film Walt Disney produced, Fantasia was made up of several scenes that appear to have nothing to do with each other. Fantasia is like looking into Walt Disney's mind and seeing it at work.

10. Ichabod and Mr. Toad

I don't know anyone who has seen this film, but the attraction Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was popular enough in Walt Disney World that there was a petition not to replace it when plans for a Winnie the Pooh attraction was set to take the place of the attraction. Luckily, it's still popular in Disneyland.