11/7 10 Thoughts You Have While Shopping At Trader Joe's

10
marykate mclaughlin

If you're the type of person who eats healthy, you probably know about Trader Joe's. Here are some thoughts we all have when shopping there.

1. Omg I'm gonna start eating super healthy now!

You walk into Trader Joe's and for a few minutes, you think of becoming vegan and gluten-free because of all the yummy healthy options and produce. You're tempted to buy four kinds of apples and lettuce even though you have absolutely no room in your fridge.

2. Do I really need a cart?

You probably walked in with a plan to only get flowers for your friend's birthday and your favorite chocolate chip cookies. But you quickly realize that getting in and out of Trader Joe's is easier said than done and 10 minutes into your shopping trip, you find your arms filled will stuff and need to break down and get a cart.

3. I need flowers and succulents in my life 

One of the first things that will catch your eye in Trader Joe's is all the cute flowers and succulents. You'll suddenly start to remember that empty windowsill in your room that just needs a little bit of TLC in the form of adorable flowers and succulents.

4. I can't wait to have my friends over for wine and cheese parties 

Trader Joe's boasts almost a full wall of yummy cheeses. You'll suddenly start to wish you could have posh house parties and invite your friends over for wine and cheese get-togethers.

5. Did someone say free samples? 

Free samples? Count me in. Free samples at Trader Joe's are the best. Sometimes they'll be showcasing one of their new frozen meals or they will put some ingredients together to make something delicious. After you try that homemade goat cheese pizza free sample, you'll be questioning why you ever spend money on pizza anywhere else.

6. Someone keep me away from the cookies

Trader Joe's crunchy chocolate chip cookies are a God-sent. You might be browsing through the aisles looking for something completely different, but end up dropping a container of cookies into your cart. Oh, and did I mention Trader Joe's animal crackers? They also are completely dangerous and if you're not careful, you might find yourself eating half the container in one sitting.

7. I already have 2 boxes of granola/protein bars in my cart, but I need another box

You're walking through the aisles and grab your favorite granola bars and a box of Trader Joe's PB & J bars (try them and your life will be changed). But, you see that they have seasonal pumpkin granola bars and can't help but add another box to your cart.

8. I might just eat tortilla chips and salsa for the rest of my life

Trader Joe's= king of chips and crackers. Their black bean and quinoa chips may not smell the best but they taste amazing. You find yourself trying to practice some sort of self-control when you see all of their yummy tortilla chips and salsa and wonder if you can sustain on them for the rest of your life.

9. My cart got so full so fast 

Remember when you walked in only wanting flowers and chocolate chip cookies? Now you look down at your cart as you're about to check out and wonder how you were able to fill your cart up in such a short period of time. Do you feel a couple second of regret? Sure. But will you get over it? Also yes

10. Man, I love this store 

All other grocery stores can bow down to Trader Joe's. No matter how much money you spend, you always feel a little better leaving with your paper, recyclable bags and can't wait till your next shopping trip so you can try out those new pita crackers you've been dying to eat.