10 Things You're Tired Of Hearing If You're Dating Long Distance

10. Do you miss him?

190
Caitlin Johnston

When I left for college, I left my first love behind. I was heartbroken and super emotional for a long time. Now, distance has become a norm for us. Yes, it is hard and I would much rather be with him physically all the time, but that's just not how it's going right now.

Throughout the first semester of college, and even before I left, I have had many people commenting on and giving me their thoughts on my relationship. I am all for hearing advice and listening to other people, but sometimes I wonder why things are even said. Some things are even said so many times I can't take it anymore.

Here are 10 things I, and I am sure many others, are tired of hearing about their long-distance relationship.

1. It will never work

Your lack of faith does not bother me. If it is meant to be it will be. I don't need you raining on my parade.

2. I could never do that

And that is exactly why you aren't doing it. Sorry, you can't do it, it isn't for everyone. No need to state the obvious.

3. Aren't you worried he is cheating?

There is little thing called trust. It is key to every relationship, especially long distance. I actually trust my boyfriend and he trusts me. It makes this whole distance thing SO much easier.

4. How can you love someone who you can't see/hug/kiss every day?

First off, I spent nearly a year of seeing him every day my last year of high school. If anything the distance has made me love him more.

5. That must be hard

Once again, no need to state the obvious. Yes, it is hard, but the goodbyes are so worth the hellos.

6. Do you cry a lot?

Well, would YOU cry?? I don't really care to share that information, but if you must know, some days are harder than others. I don't cry 24/7, I still enjoy life and get out and do things.

7. I would hate to put in all that effort just to have it end

If you really love someone it doesn't matter. Putting in the work isn't a chore. I wouldn't even consider it work. It's LOVE. It is loving someone no matter what.

8. How long do you think you'll be able to keep doing it?

Refer to number 7. This isn't a job or a chore. This is a relationship that I intend on keeping.

9. You can't even know if he is cheating

Once again, TRUST. It should be in every relationship - distance or no distance.

10. Do you miss him?

This one actually makes me laugh more than anything. Like, honestly. Do I miss him? I only get to see him, two maybe three times a year if I am lucky. OF COURSE, I miss him.