10 Things You Should Never Say to a Makeup Junkie

Just let me buy twenty shades of lipstick if I want to

1727
PopSugar

1. Well, I don't wear makeup.

Um, good for you? This usually follows with the person telling me why they don't wear or need makeup. Like them telling me that is going to stop me from buying it.

2. I would never buy drugstore makeup.

The only thing more annoying than a person who shuns makeup, is a brand snob. Any true makeup junkie knows that many high end makeup brands own drugstore brands. Often times, formulas are the same as their high-end counterparts. If there's a high-end product, there's a good chance I have a dupe for it.

3. You don't need makeup though.

Thanks. I know it's meant as a compliment, but it's still annoying. Makeup is a luxury, not a necessity, and I wear it because I want to. And sometimes, if we have imperfections that we want to cover up, it's a great confidence booster. But that doesn't mean I need it to feel good about myself.

4. I like it when girls wear less makeup.

This is just so aggravating. That's your preference, fine. But ten times out of ten when a guy shows a picture of a girl with less or "no" makeup, she has makeup on. And this leads me to my next rant.

5. Taking her swimming on the first date.

This isn't as common to hear anymore, but it was a way for men to basically humiliate women. Take us swimming and there's a good chance our makeup is waterproof. While you're at it, shave your beard; cause you know when you shave it, you'll look completely different.

6. How could you spend so much on that? I couldn't.

Do you spend money on things that you enjoy? I enjoy makeup and skincare, so that's what I like to spend my money on. And while we're at it, do you pay my bills? My telephone bills, automobiles? No? Then don't worry about what I spend my money on.

7. Those lipstick shades all look the same.

Well, they're not. Undertones make all the difference.

8. Are you sick/tired?

This is a question that usually comes when I don't have makeup on. No, I'm not sick, it's just my face. But I am tired of these questions.

9. Are all of those makeup brushes necessary?

No, go ahead and put on a full face using just one brush. You'll end up looking like this.

10. Who are you trying to look good for?

ME! It still baffles people that when it comes to something that is seen as vain, such as makeup or working out, that a person can do it solely for themselves. I have a boyfriend; do I like to look good for him? Yes. But I don't spend the money I do on makeup and skincare for him, especially when he can't tell the difference between a MAC lipstick or a Pat MacGrath one.