10 Things All Unemotional People Can Relate To

A salute to those who have never cried over a movie, graduation, breakup, or basically anything.
9950

For some people, emotions are significant aspects of their lives. People cry in the midst of sad moments, happy moments, and everything in between. People also pour their feelings out to other people and expect others to do the same for them. You, on the other hand, are not one of those people. You enjoy being happy and not dealing with yours or other peoples' feelings. The thought of crying in front of others or being around crying people makes you cringe, because that's just not what you do. You've never been one to express or deal with emotions, and you probably never will be. Here are 10 things all unemotional people can relate to:

1. People assume you're heartless.

It's not that you don't have feelings, you just don't have too many negative ones. You may have occasional fits of anger, but sadness? Not so much. You just choose not to deal with crying or talking about your feelings. Why be sad when being happy is so much more fun?

2. You're the only one who doesn't cry during sad movies or sappy chick flicks.

All of your friends tear up at the ending of cheesy romantic movies, but you're just like:

Even the movies that are legitimately sad don't really have a tear-jerk effect on you. You just can't bring yourself to feel sad about something that's not real. Even if it was based on real events, you still see it as just a movie.

3. Senior nights, graduations, final performances, and other "final moments" that are sad for everyone else don't have much of an effect on you.

The end of something that was great is a little sad, but you knew it was coming, so what's the point of getting upset about it? Things end and life goes on, and that's perfectly fine with you.

4. You don't understand how people can so easily cry in front of other people.

Even if you do cry often, you sure as hell wouldn't do it in front of anyone. That's just too many feelings and too many people to deal with them. You can handle it yourself.

5. You don't know what to do when people cry in front of you.

It's not that you're not sympathetic; you don't like seeing people sad or crying because nobody should have to deal with sadness. But mostly, you don't like seeing people sad or crying because you simply don't know how to react. Should you get them a tissue? Should you hug them? Should you pet them? Who knows? You'll just be awkward and find someone else to help you out in the meantime.

6. You don't like when people tell you about their feelings.

You don't really have that many feelings, so what makes people think you're equipped to deal with theirs? You don't want to be rude, but you don't really want to hear about someone's sadness when you can't help with it.

7. If you ever do show the slightest bit of feelings, people like trying to embarrass you for them.

If you're ever even slightly upset, people who know you well like to say things like, "Wow you actually do have feelings!" Good thing you know how to play it cool.

8. You think it's stupid when people cry about a boy or a girl.

The longest you've ever spent crying over a significant other was anywhere from zero to five minutes, after which you realized that you're awesome and crying is a waste of time. You can't fathom why people cry over someone else for much longer than that. You know that anyone who lost you should be the one crying, so why let someone else keep you from being happy? You sure won't.

9. Weddings and other happy events that can be emotional for some people leave you completely dry-eyed.

You've never understood "happy tears," and you probably never will. If people are happy, why are they crying? It just doesn't make any sense to you. Maybe you're just too busy at weddings thinking about food and dancing to get emotionally invested in the happy couple.

10. In the rare event that you do feel sad or want to cry, you're pretty confident that something's wrong with you.

Maybe you're sick. Or dying. Either way, something is messed up. Then a few minutes pass and you realize that you're fine, and you keep living your life with laughter and happiness rather than sadness and other sappy, unpleasant feelings you don't care to deal with.