10 Things That Happened If You Went to Private School

Uniforms weren't really that bad, were they?

119
The Telegraph

Going to private school was much different than a public school, regardless of what people say. Private school meant strict rules, dress codes, and small class sizes. Everybody knew everybody, and everybody knew everybody's brother, sister, and cousin, too. If you were lucky, you were probably related to half of the people who went to your school. And while going to private school included very tough academics, it promised to pay off in the very end. I wouldn't ever take back the experience of attending a private school. I learned a lot and ended up meeting the friends I believe will be there till the day I die.

1. Everybody knew your business.

Keeping a secret wasn't easy. Even before you break some important news of your first date with the new guy, your whole school probably already knew all the details.

2. Word spread like wildfire.

If something exciting happened in first hour geometry class, it was probably word of the century by third hour.

3. You wore a uniform or had to follow a strict dress code.

And don't forget those detentions for when you accidentally wore leggings instead of jeans, or your shirt's neckline went below your collarbone.

4. You probably knew some of your classmates since kindergarten.

Your classmates were your family. You knew everything about them from where their houses were to what their parents' names were.

5. Your experience at private school was just as hard as college, if not harder.

I was always jealous of kids who said that middle school and high school were a breeze. Well, those kids didn't know what it was like to come home with five homework packets in every single subject.

6. You were forced to play sports or join the drama club.

There weren't enough kids to create a sport team unless you joined...so you did. You probably played a different sport every season.

Also, don't forget your senior musical that you joined just for the heck of it.

7. Fundraising, fundraising, and more fundraising.

Since your school probably wasn't funded by the government, selling cookies, wreaths, or volunteering at random functions was a yearly thing. Going on any kind of class trip involved a lot of door-to-door selling or phone calls to different organizations.

8. You loved that your best friends were in all of your classes with you, but escaping someone you didn't like was impossible.

Oh, it's her again. Great.

9. Your class was probably under 100 people.

While seeing the same kids over and over again sometimes got old, you never had to worry about a three hour-long high school graduation. Praise the Lord.

10. While moving past your years at private school has been a great change, you will probably always remember your private school experience as one of the greatest blessings.

You made some amazing memories and some amazing friends. Letting go of such a tight-knit home was never easy, but you will remember it for the rest of your life.