10 Things Sick College Students Do

10 Things Sick College Students Do

Is the excessive FOMO from trying to recover from being sick actually worth it?
12

I am sure we have all had the occasional cold or sore throat -- maybe bronchitis or a sinus infection here and there -- but what do you do when you get sick at school? Some might stay in and try to recover (and I mean a very select three or four) while the rest -- well, they get back to day-to-day campus festivities.

1. Call your parents. 

"Mom, Dad, I'm sick."

2. Stock up at the drug store.

Hit up your local CVS or Walgreens and buy any and all possible remedies you can find to feel better.

3. Lay in bed...

... for a very, very, long time.

4. Netflix becomes your only source of comfort.

Watch every season of One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, and Breaking Bad in an excessively short period of time.

5. Get mad at your friends or roommates.

Your friends make fun of you being sick and go out and have a good time without you. 

6. Tell yourself you are not going out.

They tried to make me go to frat parties and I said no, no, no.

7. Get major FOMO.

You stalk all your friends on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, and you picture yourself in all of their photos.

8. Convince yourself you are not that sick.

Jump out of bed and act like you are completely healthy. 

9. Actually go out with all your friends.

Rock the dance floor like Beyonce. 

10. End up more sick than when you started.