10 Things To Do When You Have Too Much Time On Your Hands

Sometimes you’ve got too much time on your hands, and boredom is a dreadful feeling.

3461
EveryPixel

Boredom is awful. What's even worse, is being bored and having SO much time on your hands that you know you're going to be bored for a long time. Here are all of the things that I do when I get bored.

1. Take up painting.

EveryPixel

Whether it's oil painting, watercolor, or acrylic, painting is very therapeutic. You don't even have to be good it at, just putting the brunch on the paper is satisfying enough to crush all of your boredom.

2. Start a new TV show.

EveryPixel

This is only something to do if you have A LOT of time on your hands. Starting a new show could take up hours, even days of your time, so just make sure your schedule accommodates a new TV show before you start it.

3. Volunteer your time.

EveryPixel

There's nothing more rewarding than doing something good. If you've got extra time on your hands, use that time to help someone. Volunteer at your local homeless shelter, or your local animal shelter. The people will appreciate it, you'll have something to fill your time gap, and you may even make some new friends.

4. Go to the gym.

EveryPixel

I know, I know. Going to the gym is so much work. But when you're bored, you might as well binge-watch your favorite YouTuber on the treadmill rather than laying in bed.

5. Meal prep your week.

EveryPixel

I love meal prepping. It doesn't take up your whole day, but it sales so much time & money in the long run. Just make sure that all of the food you're using can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days (and if not, put them in the freezer until you're ready to eat).

6. Go hiking.

EveryPixel

This is like going to the gym only in nature. You don't have to be a pro backpacker to go on a hike every once in a while. If you have a dog, you can take them too.

7. Fill out your calendar.

EveryPixel

There's nothing more satisfying than being organized. If you've got some extra time on your hands, make sure the rest of your schedule is in order by filling out a calendar or planner.

8. Treat yo' self.

EveryPixel

This can mean something different for everyone. If you've got the financial means, take yourself shopping. If you don't, have an at-home spa day.

9. Organize your space.

EveryPixel

I didn't want “clean" to be on this list, so I put the second best thing, organizing. I don't know about you, but I can not focus when my space is cluttered and messy. Use your extra time to tidy up and make things a little more organized.

10. Take a nap.

EveryPixel

I saved the best for last. There are so many health benefits to napping but, honestly, you should just do it because it feels great and makes you feel 100 times better.