10 Types Of Students In Community College Summer Classes

They don't even go here

16
Public Domain

Summertime at a community college is like an airport, nearly everyone there has a different destination in mind, but they need to go through the hell which is airport security and bag check before they can take the next flight to where they're meant to be.

Summer courses are a necessary evil for many who hope to graduate in 4 years or take a mandatory class without the hit to their GPA. While struggling to stay awake in these classes long enough to get the passing grade to earn credit, there's 10 kinds of people you might notice around you:

1. The Kid Who Always Shows Up Late

A few variations, maybe they come in lethargically or maybe they scurry to their seat, maybe they fumble through their bag and slam their keys or maybe they discreetly grab a notebook from their bag. Either way, their entrance was not missed.

2. The EMT

In the back of the room, they usually have their walkie talkie on them, to irritate the class as it goes off mid-lesson. Even if they don't have it, you can tell who they are from their emergency responder shirt and lanyard.

3. The Kid Whose Actually A Kid

Are they even in high school yet? With the foul smell of the overachiever spirit, they're here to get college credit before they even know where they're going.

4.The Smart Kid Who Doesn't Want To Be There

Whenever you look over they already have all the problems solved and are on their phones, always the one to say the answer in the echoing silence. You have no idea what they're doing right, but maybe if you look over their shoulder you can figure out what you did wrong.

5. The Kid That Always Says The Wrong Answer

Always enthusiastic, never correct. They don't bother raising their hand but speak to the void and are quickly silenced until a few days later when they're back, more confident, and possibly more deluded than ever.

6. The Kid Who Actually Bought The Textbook

While most of their classmates look online or photocopy it from the library they actually have a hard copy in class, so inevitably when there's classwork and you don't have the textbook or can't read the small print on your phone you better hope this kid sits next to you.

7. The Kid Who Already Took The Class

Maybe they took it in highschool or flunked last semester, but although they're familiar with all the terms they still have no freaking clue what is going on.

8. The Kid That Always Has Food

How do they always have time for a Dunkin run? Is there a vending machine nearby? Either way they are a painful reminder that there is an hour left before you can scavenge something for yourself.

9. The Kid That Always Misses The Instructions

The page number is written on the board yet they still have no idea where the problem sets are. Yes, we got the paper with all the homework assignments, no they do not have it and have to ask you.

10. The Kid Who Always Wear A College Tee

No it is not this crappy community college, yes they go to the much better college far away from there. If they haven't already told you about it, their wardrobe has.