10 Songs That Will Energize Your Morning

This playlist is bound to start your day off right!

461

It's no secret that music can influence our moods. So what's stopping us from intercepting our morning blues with just the right BPM? Listening to the right tunes each morning will prepare your mind for whatever life is about to throw at you. These songs, among others, have helped me get a leg up on the competition by making me feel invigorated and grateful from the moment I open my eyes and leap out of bed.

10. "Perfect Day" by Hoku

If you're a fan of the 2001 Hollywood hit Legally Blonde, you already know this one. Turn up the volume and go get 'em with the confidence of Elle Woods.

9. "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers

According to "O" Magazine, this song also appears on Oprah Winfrey's morning playlist... all the more reason for it to be on yours!

8. "9 to 5" by Dolly Parton

Though it originally debuted in the 1980 film that shares its name, this song is STILL an anthem. Dolly Parton captures the frustration of the underappreciated working woman while simultaneously empowering her to tackle the day with vigor and spunk.

7. "Workin' Day and Night" by Michael Jackson

We all know MJ for his classics like "Thriller" and "Billie Jean", but this hidden gem from '79 is one of my personal favorites.

6. "Runnin'" by Pharrell Williams

I find this tune from Hidden Figures particularly great when I have a lot of early-morning errands to run.

5. "Bossa Nova Baby" by Elvis Presley & The Jordanaires

Elvis has always had a special way of making anyone want to get up and dance, but this tune especially does the trick!

4. "Everyday People" by Sly & The Family Stone

This song is just plain adorable. Will put a smile on your face, guaranteed.

3. "A Beautiful Morning" by The Rascals

(The title is pretty self explanatory here.)

2. "Work to Do" by The Isley Brothers

Featured in the quirky yet charming cinema We Bought A Zoo, this piece by the Isley Brothers will make you want to scream and shout with excitement doing even the most boring morning tasks.

1. "Another Day of Sun" by La La Land Cast

If you saw the 2016 flick La La Land starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, you probably remember the iconic freeway dance scene at the start of the movie in which this song is featured. Whether your day is beginning in crowded Los Angeles highway traffic or an office cubicle, this jam makes for an excellent morning kick-starter.

Now that you're awake, go make someone smile today!