10 Song Lyrics That Will Hit You Right In the Feels

Because music evokes feelings.

2210

Music can mean so many different things to so many different people. Some days you need the music, and some days you need the lyrics. Here are 10 songs with lyrics that will hit you right in the feels.

1. “If all you wanted was love, why would you use me up? Cut me down, build a boat, and sail away. When all I wanted to be was your giving tree, settle down, build a home, and make you happy?”

Plain White T’s “The Giving Tree

2. “Is it a feel good song get you driving too fast; the one that gets you moving on pass to pass. Or the kind you can't help singing along, singing woh-oh-oh-oh-ohhh. Is it headphones on a downtown train? Or a window seat on an outbound plane? Is it L.A. sunny and Memphis blue? I wish I knew, I wish I knew.”

Chris Stapleton “What Are You Listening To?”

3. “Oh you're in my blood like holy wine. You taste so bitter and so sweet. Oh I could drink a case of you darling. Still I'd be on my feet, oh I would still be on my feet.”

Joni Mitchell “A Case of You

4. “We're going down, and you can see it too. We're going down, and you know that we're doomed. My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room.”

John Mayer “Slow Dancing in a Burning Room

5. “Love the girl who holds the world in a paper cup. Drink it up. Love her and she'll bring you luck. And if you find she helps your mind, better take her home. Don't you live alone. Try to earn what lovers own.”

Loggins and Messina “Danny’s Song

6. “I want to be your black dress, hold you like a silhouette, trace you with my fingertips. I want to be the summer wind, kissing on your skin. I want to be the red on your lips.”

Ernie Halter “I’d Look Good on You

7. “Is there someone you know, you're loving them so, but taking them all for granted. You may lose them one day, someone takes them away. And they don't hear the words you long to say.”

Bread “Everything I Own

(This one goes out to my grandma, Ardy. RIP sweet angel)

8. “'Cause we had a good time, then it was sorrow. I call it stealing, you call it borrow. So I want my heart back; If you're not gonna keep it. If you've got no uses, then I'm gonna need it. And someone else is gonna need it too.”

Gavin DeGraw “Stealing

9. “4 A.M. this hotel room and I think of you. Not in anger, but in danger of calling you. My mind's a long, long way from it was dead. And now the good times just keep drifting back in, woah. Breathe it on out the end will come so freely. You'll figure it out the answer will come so clearly dear.”

311 “My Heart Sings

10. “I have broken that heart so many times; you have a hold of it now. I need you to breathe your life into me; you have a hold of it now. I tried to loosen off your hold, but you stayed and nothing made you fall. I knew when you took me over that you were not like the others.”

Vera Blue “Hold